Check out my week 4 NFL Thoughts and make sure you leave a few of your own in the comment section. Consider this your catch-all thread for all things NFL.
1) So far, I think it's safe to say the Rams got the better of the Nick Foles for Sam Bradford trade. Foles has thrown 5 TDs to 1 pick and has a passer rating of 96.5. Philadelphia's Bradford had 6 TDs, but 4 interceptions and a passer rating of 82.2.
The Bradford deal isn't the only bad one made by head coach/GM Chip Kelly. If the Eagles can't turn it around quick, I would't be surprised if he were the next coach fired.
2) Last night the Detroit Lions were screwed by the refs in their game against the Seattle Seahawks. You would think that a ref standing in the end zone would be cognizant of the rules where they pertain to the end zone.
For those that missed it, Seattle's K.J. Wright batted the ball out of the end zone, but batting the ball in any direction in the end zone is illegal.
2a) My Twitter feed was full of people ripping on the Lions all night, but did I miss something about the Seahawks playing dominant football? Seattle looked pretty bad too.
3) I hope this GIF doesn't haunt your dreams.
I believe it's called, Jon Gruden, Magic Fingers.
4) The Denver Broncos may have the best defense in the NFL. Peyton Manning may be able to play the game manager role all the way to the Super Bowl this year.
5) I can't say that I'm surprised that Miami's head coach Joe Philbin was fired. The Dolphins spent a lot of money, and ownership expected better than a 1-3 start to open the season.
6) Staying with the Dolphins, it sure looks like quarterback Ryan Tannehill is trying to become the most hated signal caller in the NFL.
During a recent practice, a practice where a couple practice squad players made some good plays, Tannehill remarked, "Enjoy your practice squad paycheck, enjoy your practice squad trophy."
In my opinion, this makes him a Grade A D-Bag.
7) The undefeated Cincinnati Bengals continue to roll, this time they knocked off the visiting Kansas City Chiefs 36-21. At first glance you might think the Chiefs put up 3 tuddy's in the loss, but did you realize they reached 21 points on 7 field goals?
Chief kicker Cairo Santos made all 7 of his tries, becoming the first kicker to make 7 FGs in one game, but still have his team lose.
But back to the Bengals, QB Andy Dalton is really playing some good football. He seems to be flourishing in the 2nd year of the Hue Jackson offense.
8) There are five other undefeated teams remaining, but among them, I think the Carolina Panthers are the most fortunate. They beat the 1-3 Jaguars week one 20-9. In week 2 they beat the 1-3 Texans 24-17. Week three they took down the 1-3 Saints 27-22 and on Sunday they got past the 1-3 Buccaneers 37-23.
9) Chicago Bears' fans, I hope this GIF doesn't haunt your dreams.
Aaron Rodgers is ridiculously good.
With every passing week I think Rodgers creeps closer to becoming the greatest QB to ever play the game and it really sucks that he plays for the Green Bay Packers.
10) I know this will please some Chicago Bears' fans, and some other's will be furious at a Mock Draft in October! But in Dan Kadar's mock, he has the Bears pickjing 1st overall, and he has the Bears taking a quarterback.
1. Chicago Bears: Jared Goff, QB, California
If the Bears end up having the first pick in the draft, it should signal a roster reset starting with quarterback. As things look right now, Goff is the only surefire first-round quarterback in the 2016 draft. He might not have a classic cannon arm or huge frame, but Goff's ball placement is very good and he makes few mistakes.
I honestly don't see the Bears ending up with the first pick. Their defense is rounding into shape and the offense will improve as they get a bit healthier.