One thing Ryan Pace has made adamantly clear: He is not going to sit around and reshuffle the deck chairs on the Titanic as it's sinking.
Each week since the season opened, the new Chicago Bears GM has made roster moves in response directly to on-field performance issues, as well as to the ever-lingering injury bug.
On Tuesday, he had a slew of players in for tryouts, and made several roster moves.
SIGNED to 53-MAN ROSTER
- Safety Sherrod Martin - A 2nd round pick in 2009 by Carolina, Martin spent four seasons with the Panthers, spent 2013-14 being signed and cut and signed and cut by Jacksonville, and spent Training Camp and preseason with the Bears earlier in 2015 before being released in September. Now he's back to provide depth at the Safety position with the injury to Antrel Rolle.
PROMOTED FROM PRACTICE SQUAD
- OT Nate Becton - Becton was filling a slot on the practice squad, but was promoted to the full-time roster in light of the season-ending Will Montgomery injury.
SIGNED TO PRACTICE SQUAD
- Center Barrett Jones
- Defensive lineman Brandon Dunn
- LB John Timu
- Punter Spencer Lanning
- Nose tackle Terry Williams
- OL: Tyler Moore, Cole Manhart, AND Byron Stingily
- WR: Nathan Palmer, Marcus Lucas, and Julian Talley
Stay tuned to WCG for more news and updates as they are available...