Yesterday we briefly mentioned it, but wanted to take a little bit of a closer look. Ryan Pace is in his first season with Chicago, and has exactly one NFL Draft under his belt.
Take a look at the 2015 Chicago Bears draft class:
R1: Kevin White - WR - West Virginia
R2: Eddie Goldman - DT - Florida St
R3: Hroniss Grasu - C - Oregon
R4: Jeremy Langford - RB - Michigan St
R5: Adrian Amos - S - Penn State
R6: Tayo Fabuluje - OT - TCU
Save for Kevin White, who had surgery before the season started to repair a stress fracture in his leg, every single one of those guys have played in football games this season. Goldman is still a 'big puppy' as Mel Kiper Jr. called him, Langford and Amos will be starters at their respective positions for years to come, and there's no reason to think the same won't be true for White and Grasu as they get stringer and healthier.
That's five potential starters out of six draft picks, and don't forget Jonathan Anderson has shown a lot of potential at linebacker.
If Pace can hit another draft like this one, the Bears will be right back in contention in the NFC.
Let's take a look at some recent headlines...
- With Peyton Manning sidelined, how will the Bears prep for Brock Osweiler? (LINK)
- The Bears have until next Tuesday to decide whether to get Kevin White back in action. (LINK)
- Five reasons why Jay Cutler is thriving under Adam Gase. (LINK)
- If Gase gets a shot at a head coaching gig, he should take it. (LINK)
- Gase's play-calling has the Bears offensive line fired up. (LINK)
- Perseverance is paying off for Zach Miller. (LINK)
- The Bears made some roster moves on Tuesday. (LINK)
- Sam Acho and teammates are active in the community. (LINK)