There was a chance... A small one, but a chance nonetheless. Entering Sunday's game versus the Minnesota Vikings, the Chicago Bears had a small glimmer of hope to try and get this season back on track and make a run, but at the end of the day, they dropped their third straight division game this year and went home not feeling very good about what had occured.
The Chicago Bears are now 2-5, and the 2015 season won't likely turn out the way anyone would have wanted. But we know that rebuilding (or building as John Fox likes to call it) is generally a 2-3 year process, if done correctly, so the main focus should just be digging out of the hole that still exists from the previous two regimes.
Let's take a look at some recent headlines...
- Bears don't believe Matt Forte suffered ACL injury. (LINK)
- Can anybody in the Bears secondary cover someone when it matters? (LINK)
- Jay Cutler's improved play overshadowed by listless Bears. (LINK)
- Jay Cutler joked that he 'instantly regretted' taking on the Vikings safety on Sunday. (LINK)
- Cutler ties Sid Luckman record for all-time touchdown passes. (LINK)
- The Chicago Bears have a lot of cap space for 2016. (LINK)
That's all for now-- Stay tuned to WCG as we continue our Chicago Bears coverage all day long!