The Green Bay Packers chose their home game with the Chicago Bears as the night they wanted to honor Brett Favre and retire his jersey-- of all the games they could have chosen, why this one? They didn't want to try and rub a little extra salt in a wound that they anticipated having, right?
The Bears players took that personally, and had a little extra fuel in them when they took the field against the Packers on Thanksgiving night. You heard Jay Cutler on several occasions after the game refer back to the great job the coaching staff is doing, so right now everyone is bought in and responding to what John Fox, Adam Gase, and Vic Fangio are selling.
Let's take a look at some headlines:
- Steven Schweickert filled up his notebook last night. (LINK)
- A Packers beat writer says this game wasn't extra special for the Chicago Bears. (LINK)
- Some Twitter reactions from Bears players and famous fans. (LINK)
- Brad Biggs' 10 thoughts from last night. Always a great read. (LINK)
- Win over Green Bay could be turning point for Chicago. (LINK)
- Tracy Porter up, Charles Leno down in Bears victory over Green Bay. (LINK)
- Jay Cutler gets first career win at Lambeau Field; says that was 'huge'. (LINK)
- The Chicago Bears rookies are doing a great job. (LINK)
- The Bears victory over Green Bay was more than just a win. (LINK)
- Three Bears: Jay Cutler too hot. (LINK)
- Packers held players-only meeting regarding excessive video game playing. (LINK)
- Great read from Forbes: Mike Singletary wants to be a HC again. (LINK)
Stay tuned to WCG as we continue our Victory Friday coverage all day long!