Despite the Chicago Bears struggling this season with a 2-5 record, there's still something pretty exciting about getting to watch them on Monday Night Football. Sure, there are reasons why many fans might not want to watch the upcoming MNF game-- the potential to look really bad on a national stage comes to mind, not to mention they're playing an equally bad 2-6 Chargers team-- but playing under primetime lights has its own merits.
The question of course is, how well will our guys play? We know John Fox and coordinators Adam Gase and Vic Fangio will have a great gameplan, but at the end of they day they have players on the field who will struggle to execute.
But this will be another week, and hopefully a new leaf turned over.
Let's take a look at some recent headlines...
- Martellus Bennett seems to be pretty irritated about a lot of things. (LINK)
- A strong showing by Jeremy Langford on Monday could lead to the end of Matt Forte. (LINK)
- The Bears defense is looking for ways to close out football games. (LINK)
- Hey, the Chargers are super beat-up as well! (LINK)
- John Fox shows some love to long-time assistant Mike McCoy. (LINK)
- Shea McClellin injury update. (LINK)
- Matt Forte injury update. (LINK)
- John Timu has a wife in the military who is raising their son while working. (LINK)
- Tracy Porter offers option at nickel corner if the Bears need it. (LINK)
- No feud between Jay Cutler and Philip Rivers, mostly. (LINK)
- Bears looking close to home for answers, need situational football. (LINK)
- The Den writer: We are looking for an early-riser (or someone overseas) to take over The Bears Den. This is a Mon-Fri 8am ET post that will require a dependable presence on a daily basis.
- Breaking news writer: We are looking for someone who is online during the day, keeping an eye on Twitter and other social media, who can post breaking news at the drop of a hat.
If you are interested in either of the positions above, shoot me an email!