John Fox managed to beat the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field in his first season as head coach of the Chicago Bears... Can you imagine how happy Virginia McCaskey must be? It's well known that the Family always places a huge emphasis on beating their biggest rival each year, which is of course the longest-standing rivalry in NFL history, and even more so in the last few seasons when Green Bay has dominated the division.
So regardless of whether the Bears make the playoffs this season, or what their final record shows when the year winds down, John Fox has at least given the matriarch of the NFL something to be proud of.
Let's take a look at some recent headlines...
- Pernell McPhee was motivated by Week 1 comments made by Aaron Rodgers. (LINK)
- Expecting calm, smart, effective play from quarterback Jay Cutler. (LINK)
- Bears have missed the playoffs 7 or past 8 seasons, but ingredients are on the roster. (LINK)
- Martellus Bennett was present at the open portion of practice Monday. Eddie Royal was not. (LINK)
- Bears challenge: Reverse failure pattern approaching .500 (LINK)
- The Bears made a couple roster moves on Monday. (LINK)
- John Fox/ Bears must buck history for a shot at the playoffs. (LINK)
- Why was Will Sutton a healthy scratch last week versus the Packers? (LINK)
Stay tuned to WCG for more Chicago Bears coverage as the day rolls along...