The Chicago Bears have missed the playoffs in seven of the past eight season, but are still in the hunt for a post-season berth with five games left on the 2015 schedule. We looked yesterday at just exactly how the NFC is shaping up, and to get in, the Bears will almost certainly need to win out. The Bears remaining opponents: vs. 49ers (3-8), vs. Redskins (5-6), at Vikings (8-3), at Buccaneers (5-6), vs. Lions (4-7).
Overall, the NFC has struggled this season. The normally tough NFC East is a hot mess, and teams in other conferences that you are used to seeing doing well are having a tough time finding their footing. But we know that every December, some team somewhere gets hot at the right time, finds a way into the playoffs, and has a shot at running the tables. Will the Bears be that team this year?
Let's take a look at some recent headlines...
- Five keys for the Bears in their five final games. (LINK)
- Chris Prosinski making the most of his chances with Chicago. (LINK)
- Cold, hard Soldier Field await the San Francisco 49ers. (LINK)
- The Bears have opened up as 7 point favorites over the Niners. (LINK)
- Mike McCarthy was critical of pass interference call in loss to Bears. (LINK)
- By their math, the Chicago Bears should be 8-3. (LINK)
- Mike Imram rambles around like only Mike Imram can. (LINK)
- Five things to know about cornerback Tracy Porter. (LINK)
- The Bears players awarded John Fox with the game ball after win over Green Bay. (LINK)
- Newest Power Rankings show Chicago making a move. (LINK)
- Vic Fangio, Adam Gase could have been running 49ers this season. (LINK)
- Bears players use the term 'genius' to describe Vic Fangio. (LINK)
- The Chicago Bears have some of their swagger back. (LINK)
- Tim Baffoe will embrace the emotional roller coaster that is the Chicago Bears. (LINK)
Stay tuned to WCG as the day rolls along!