The Chicago Bears are not mathematically eliminated from playoff discussions, but they aren't at all expected to actually make a post-season appearance. While they could win out and close the season at 9-7, they would need a couple of serious meltdowns by other teams in the final stretch in order to be on the conversation.
When you look at their record versus NFC teams, you'll clearly see why they aren't serious contenders in their own conference.
HERE is a look at a simple breakdown of what needs to happen in order for the Bears to make the playoffs. After the Thanksgiving win over the Packers, the Bears had a 20% chance of making the postseason. As it sits now, they've got about 6%.
Let's take a look at some other headlines...
- John Fox: It's a carnival if you win, and a crisis if you lose. (LINK)
- Always one of the best reads each week: Brad Biggs' 10 thoughts. (LINK)
- Jarvis Jenkins: Last four games are test of character. (LINK)
- John Fox thinks Kevin White's leg is healed. Come watch some videos of him running: (LINK)
- Kyle Long wants Bears to bring 'road warriors' mentality to Soldier Field. (LINK)
- Is Matt Forte now part of a three-headed monster? (LINK)
- Great read: What Robbie Gould teaches us about the NFL. (LINK)
Stay tuned to WCG as the day rolls on for more Chicago Bears coverage!