The NFL has finally announced how you can obtain tickets to the 2015 NFL Draft, which takes place in Chicago from April 30th - May 2nd.
You have to register right here (www.nfl.com/drafttown) for a chance to win 2 tickets to attend the event. Registration will begin on Tuesday, March 24th at 12:00 p.m. ET and go until Sunday, April 5th at 11:59 p.m. ET. All winners will be selected at random and this is the only way to "legally" obtain tickets. Don't be fooled by online ticket brokers selling tickets.
From NFL Communications,
A limited number of tickets are available for both the Auditorium Theatre and Selection Square areas for Thursday (Round 1) and Friday (Rounds 2-3). On Saturday (Rounds 4-7), a limited number of tickets are available for Selection Square as the Auditorium Theatre will be open to the public for tours and photo opportunities. Seating is free in both the Auditorium Theatre and Selection Square, but limited.
If you are planning on registering for free tickets to go to the Draft, here are the important dates you need to remember.
March 24-April 5: Fans can register for the chance to win two tickets to the Draft at NFL.com/DraftTown. Fans will receive their unique Fan Mobile Pass QR code via email after entering the contest.
April 6: Fans selected as winners will receive an e-mail on or around April 6 containing the date (one of three days), venue (either Auditorium Theatre or Selection Square) and instructions for confirming attendance. E-mail notifications will be distributed to fans who did not win at a later date.
April 8: Deadline for selected fans to confirm attendance. Upon submitting acceptance information, fans will automatically receive a final confirmation e-mail which will include check-in details for the specified Draft day.
April 30-May 2: The winning fan will need to present a government issued photo ID and their unique Fan Mobile Pass QR code at Draft Town to check-in and receive wristbands, while their guest will need to present a government issued photo ID (if over 18 years of age) on the selected day during designated hours. Wristbands are required to secure tickets for entry into the Draft. Fans will receive instructions detailing the time and location to exchange wristbands for tickets and access to venue.
Draft Town, which is the interactive fan fest at Grant Park, will also be free, but no tickets are required to attend.
The NFL has released the following information about Draft Town, the NFL's 900,000 square foot celebration of the Draft..
Draft Town presented by Oikos Triple Zero is a sprawling fan festival in downtown Chicago's Grant Park open all three days of the Draft for family-friendly fun. Draft Town features live music, food, free player autographs, interactive games, photo opps, places to view the 2015 NFL Draft on television and more - no ticket required. Draft Town showcases how Chi-town has reimagined the Draft.
Location: Grant Park & Congress Plaza
Hours of Operation:
Thursday, April 30: 4PM - 10PM
Friday, May 1: 4PM - 10PM
Saturday, May 2: 10AM - 7PM *
* A Saturday night concert will be held to close out the Draft Town festivities.
Activities and Attractions:
* More information regarding autographs will be posted at a later date. Details are subject to change.
- Selection Square - The central operations of the Draft will take place in Selection Square, located across Michigan Avenue from the Auditorium Theatre. Selection Square will feature all 32 teams, where club representatives will submit their team's player selections throughout the three days of the 2015 NFL Draft.
- AFC & NFC Row - The 32 Team Houses are divided into AFC Row and NFC Row and surrounded by food and drink concessions.
- Team House (e.g., Bears House) - Each of the 32 NFL clubs has a home at Draft Town presented by Oikos Triple Zero - their Team House. These ultimate fan caves provide a place for fans to gather and engage with unique club content and memorabilia.
- Chi-Chefs Kitchen - This area will feature selections from some of Chicago's best restaurants in a curated taste of the town tailgate for fans to sample and enjoy.
- Combine Corner - Fans can participate in some of the same activities, including the 40-yard dash and vertical jump, that top prospects participated in at the NFL Combine.
- Run Like the Wind - Within Combine Corner, fans will have the opportunity to test their speed by running alongside a 40-yard long LED screen featuring NFL stars running the 40-yard dash.
- Draft Tavern presented by Bud Light - The hottest place to drink the coldest beer and support your team during the NFL Draft. Bud Light, the Perfect Beer for Whatever Happens!
- Greetings from Draft Town presented by Oikos Triple Zero - Fans can choose their favorite Draft-themed background image and take a commemorative photo. They'll be able to share the photo socially live from Draft Town.
- NFL PLAY 60 Field presented by Danimals - The NFL and USA Football will host private youth football clinics on the NFL PLAY 60 Field for local schools, as well as public clinics open to all kids in the greater Chicago area. Local coaches and NFL Legends will come together to teach youth about the importance of getting active and playing for 60 minutes a day. Public clinics are open to boys and girls ages 6-14 on a first-come, first-served basis.
- NFL PLAY 60 Zone presented by Danimals - The NFL PLAY 60 Zone is a fun, interactive area for kids and families to play together. It includes an obstacle course, mobile app gaming, green screen photo opportunity, player appearances and the famous NFL PLAY 60 Bus.
- Super Bowl Museum (Pro Football Hall of Fame display area) - The Super Bowl Museum features historical Bears memorabilia, the Vince Lombardi Trophy, Super Bowl rings and the AFC and NFC Conference Championship Trophies.
- NFL FLAG Festival - A large-scale flag football tournament for youth and adults played all day Saturday, May 2. More information on how to register to play in the tournament will be available soon.
- Family Football Clinic - On Saturday, May 2 from 9 AM - 11 AM, the NFL and USA Football will host a family football clinic. Open to both kids and parents, this event will give kids an opportunity to participate in a youth football clinic while their parents listen to two football themed discussion panels. The event will conclude with kids and their parents taking the field together to participate side-by-side in Heads Up Football Tackling drills. More information on how to register will be available soon.
- Free player autographs *
- Live television stages
- NFL Draft Shop
- Social Media Command Center
- Sponsor displays
- Wilson Football Factory
If you attend the event be sure to chronicle your experience and share it with our readers via our Fanpost section.