Two games into the preseason, the Chicago Bears have a perfect 2-0 record, but as most will agree, preseason records don't equate to regular season success. Just ask the 2008 Detroit Lions, who were a perfect 4-0 in the preseason, but fell 0-16 when it counted.
But, much improvement week-over-week, so we'll see if that continues this weekend versus the Bengals. On to some headlines:
- George Halas gets statue at Halas Hall. Amen. (LINK)
- Jeremiah Ratliff will not appeal his three-game suspension handed down from the league this week. (LINK)
- Alshon Jeffery misses Monday practice, which is not surprising, but still no word on his return. (LINK)
- Here's what Larry Mayer has to say about the Alshon Jeffery injury. (LINK)
- The Bears are leaning more and more on Eddie Royal at the WR position. (LINK)
- It's the coaching, not the play, that could lift the Bears out of 'diminished expectations' mode. (LINK)
- The Bears made a couple roster moves yesterday on the offensive line. (LINK)
- Don't take advice from people who consistently make bad decisions. (LINK)
We'll be here all day long in preparation of this weekend's contest versus the Bengals... stay tuned to WCG more more updates throughout the day!