Week 1 of the 2015 season sees the Chicago Bears start the season off at Soldier Field against the Green Bay Packers-- quite a daunting task for a Chicago team that is still trying to figure out what its roster will look like, but hey, it's a little bit exciting to start the season against a heated rival.
Let's get caught up on some headlines...
- Bears general manager Ryan Pace praises Pernell McPhee, states he is a violent player. (LINK)
- Switching from quarterback to wide receiver has changed rookie Cameron Meredith's entire career. (LINK)
- The Bears finalized their 10-man Practice Team over the holiday weekend. (LINK)
- Alshon Jeffery still not practicing with less than a week to go before the season starts. (LINK)
- But the #2 and #3 wide receivers were back at practice after letting a few dings heal up. (LINK)
- While the team still hasn't made a public statement, it seems logical that Kyle Long will be kicking outside to play RT. (LINK)
- Long is "just a freak", and possibly the best athlete on the Bears line. (LINK)
- The Chicago Bears are trying to restore credibility with their new general manager and head coach. (LINK)
- John Timu benefiting from roster turnover, has an opportunity to step up. (LINK)
- Defensive line is a major concern as the Bears look to kick off their year. (LINK)
Stay tuned to WCG as we will have more info and updates for you as the day progresses...