The Chicago Bears entered their final game of the season with an improvised football roster-- so many big names were injured, especially on offense, and Jay Cutler had to make do with what they were able to scrape together.
As usual, the coaching staff called a great game, and kept the Bears in the game until the last minute. The Bears and Lions were playing for last place in the NFC North, and when it was all said and done, the Lions were better on Sunday. Detroit won by a final score of 24-20, bringing the Bears home record to 1-7 on the season.
Many speculate this is Matt Forte's final hurrah in Chicago. If the team is ready to to pass the torch to Jeremy Langford, then Forte could be on a different team in 2016. He's certainly got another solid 2-3 seasons in huim.
Some final stats-
- Jay Cutler: 17/23, 245 yards, 2 TD, 3 INT
- Matt Forte: 17 rushes, 76 yards | 3 receptions, 34 yards, 1 TD
- Marc Mariani: 6 receptions, 80 yards
- Josh Bellamy: 3 receptions, 49 yards, 1 TD
- Matthew Stafford: 28/ 39, 298 yards, 3 TD
- Ameer Abdullah: 10 rushes, 44 yards
- Calvin Johnson: 10 receptions, 137 yards, 1 TD
Is this the final game we've seen from Matt Forte? Is Adam Gase getting promoted out as head coach somewhere? What will the Bears be focused on in the offseason?
It's been a fun season, despite all of the losses.
But we're already looking forward to 2016.
Sound off below.