Every day, our WCG staff discusses the current state of affairs with the Chicago Bears, and our latest conversation revolved around who would win this week as the team squares off against the Detroit Lions.
The Bears defeated the Lions in Week 4 of the season at Soldier Field, but Chicago is much more banged up/ suspended than they were in October, and Detroit is a fairly hot team right now.
Here are our predictions:
- Josh Sunderbruch: 34-20 Lions. The Bears offense lacks the weaponry to move the ball and the defense gets gassed because of it.
- Jack Silverstein: I want to pick the Bears so bad. You know I do. But Detroit will bag the revenge win. Not only that, Matt Barkley will struggle to such a degree that I can see the over-reaction tweets from here. "Guys, guys, I'm spit balling here, but maybe Matt Barkley is NOT going to the Hall of Fame." Too many stalled drives. Lions 27, Bears 19
- Sam Householder: 27-17 Lions - Big test for Matt Barkley in his first road start. Lions secondary has been playing very well. Bears just don't have enough to overcome this one.
- Robert Zeglinski: Lions 27 Bears 21 - The Bears offense and Jordan Howard will be able to maintain possession, but they simply don't have enough firepower otherwise against an increasingly hot Lions team.
- Ken Mitchell: Bears 24-20
- Lester Wiltfong, Jr.: Lions 24 Bears 17 - Bears hang with the 1st place Lions, but ultimately don't have the horses to pull out a W.
- EJ Snyder: Lions 21 - Bears 16 - Bears slow the Lion's on offense with solid defense, but turn TD chances into FG's on the road to lose down the stretch.
- Steven Schweickert: Lions 24 Bears 20 - Maybe Barkley keeps it going against a better defense, but maybe not. Faux rally falls short.
- Jeff Berckes: 17-16 Lions. Bears get into a classic old school defensive game but can't pull it out late as Barth misses a FG at end of regulation.
- Jack Silverstein (Connor Barth’s muse): “BAAAAAARTH!!!!!”
- Dane Noble: Unfortunately the Barkley hype ends here. He seems like a good kid, and I hope he does well, but despite Dowell Loggains’ best efforts to protect his weaknesses, Detroit will expose him. Bears still win 15- 10.
What are your predictions for today’s contest?