Chicago Bears 26
San Francisco 49ers 6
Things got so bad for the 49ers on Sunday at Soldier Field that they had to turn to Blain Gabbert in the 4th quarter. The Chicago Bears front-7 were all over Colin Kaepernick in the first three periods, holding him to just one completion and registering four sacks before Chip Kelly decided to pull the plug.
Gabbert came in and immediately completed an 18-yard pass, but in the end, it was Chicago’s day to celebrate.
The Bears saw Matt Barkley come alive on the final drive of the 2nd half, leading the offense down the field and getting their first touchdown of the day on a Jordan Howard one-yard run.
And the next two drives in the 3rd quarter saw the same thing: Barkley threw the ball well, and Howard got the ball into the end zone.
The Bears get their third win of the season, bringing their record to 3-9, and the 49ers lose their 11th straight, moving to 1-11.
- Matt Barkley: 11/18, 192 yards
- Jordan Howard: 32 rushes, 117 yards, 3 TD
- Josh Bellamy: 4 receptions, 93 yards
- Cameron Meredith: 3 receptions, 67 yards
- Akiem Hicks: 10 tackles, 2 sacks
- Nick Kwiatkoski: 9 tackles, 2 pass deflections
- Leonard Floyd: 4 tackles, 2 sacks (one for a safety)
Up next for Chicago: They travel to Detroit to take on the Lions (8-4).