Every year the 32 NFL sites from SB Nation get together to run through a writers mock draft. The individual team sites seem to have a better grasp on needs for their favorite team than do some of the "expert" mockers out there.
The Chicago Bears are set to pick 11th in the 2016 NFL Draft and even though they've had a busy offseason in free agency, there are still plenty of directions they could go. Cornerback, defensive line, offensive tackle and outside linebacker are a few of the positions the mock drafters have been giving the Bears.
Here's how the SB Nation mock has gone 1-10.
1. Tennessee Titans - Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss
2. Cleveland Browns - Jared Goff, QB, Cal
3. San Diego Chargers - Jalen Ramsey, DB, Florida State
4. Dallas Cowboys - Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
5. Jacksonville Jaguars - Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
6. Baltimore Ravens - Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
7. San Francisco 49ers - DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon
8. Philadelphia Eagles - Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Noah Spence, DE, Eastern Kentucky
10. New York Giants - Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame
And here's how our very own Dane Noble picked at 11.
11. Bears: Vernon Hargreaves, CB, Florida
The Bears have lots of needs even after an active free agency period, but here they would likely swipe the best player available at a huge need position for them -- cornerback. In theory, they could grab a defensive tackle here as well, but this year's DT class is deep, and they can look in round 2 or even 3 in filling that need. Hargreaves would fit right in with the Bears, and provide an instant upgrade to a weak secondary the day he reports to camp.
Most of our fellow WCG writers concurred with the pick.
Hargreaves would either start outside from day 1, or he would man the nickle spot as a rookie. He's a physical 5'10, 204 pounder that can play press man to man, he can play off, he's a solid tackler and he even blitzed on occasion at Florida.
SB Nation draft guru, Dan Kadar, liked the pick as well.
Analysis: The Hargreaves selection certainly makes sense because the Bears have Kyle Fuller and not much else in regard to outside cornerbacks. Hargreaves is a pro-ready cornerback who was a sensation early in his career at Florida. He had some ups and downs in 2015, but when he's on there is no better pure cornerback prospect in this year's draft.
If you were mock drafting for the Bears in this scenario, would you have taken Hargreaves? Vote in the poll as we list him along with Kadar's next best 5 prospects.