The Chicago Bears will host the Kansas City Chiefs this Saturday in the only preseason game that some fans care about, the all important dress rehearsal game. For all the pertinent info on how to watch the game, you can click here.
Check out the latest edition of my Podcast, T Formation Conversation (Now available on iTunes!), as I discuss the four things to watch for on Saturday.
Here are the four things I'll be keeping a close eye on during the game.
- The offensive line depth, in particular how Cornelius Edison holds up at center. Also keep your eyes peeled on the Chicago running game and how much zone blocking they do now.
- The bubble players on the defensive line, Ego Ferguson, Will Sutton and Keith Browner.
- The wide receiver rotation. After starters Alshon Jeffery and Kevin White, the battle for playing time could be wide open.
- The special teams snap counts. Which ever backups are receiving the bulk of the 3rd phase snaps, those guys should feel pretty confident in making the 53 man roster.
Here are a few other things we've shared on WCG that may pique your interest.
- Dane talked with SB Nation's Arrowhead Pride (the Chiefs' site) about the game. Click Here
- We had the chance to talk with Football Outsiders to get their take on quarterback Jay Cutler and running back Jeremy Langford. Cutler article here, Langford Article here.
- With the Bears going to a zone blocking scheme, here's an article I wrote a few years ago that is relevant as it explains the ZBS.
- You Fantasy Footballers, be sure to check out all of Jeff Berckes' Fantasy stuff right here.
- You may have heard our very own Jack M Silverstein talking about his recent Devin Hester article on WSCR's Laurence Holmes' show on Wednesday, here's the article in case you missed it.