This coming summer and season will be one full of the most interesting story lines concerning the Chicago Bears in a long time.
Mitchell Trubisky and Mike Glennon have a quarterback competition to sort out. Head coach John Fox and general manager Ryan Pace might be divided. And the injuries and progress of certain players such as Leonard Floyd are in full focus. The future of the Bears’ will be defined and in many ways, jumpstarted by the events of the 2017 season. No pressure.
As an aside: Are the Bears really more secretive than other NFL teams? Some perspective on this idea along with thoughts of who will be the best quarterback of the 2017 NFL Draft class years from now.
With all of that in mind, Danny Parkins, co-host of Spiegel & Parkins on Chicago’s 670 The Score, joins me and Andrew to discuss these important franchise defining moments for the Bears. Chicago may or may not know what it’s doing and that’s okay, for now. (Player link here)
This week on WCG Radio
- Danny Parkins of 670 The Score joins Robert and Andrew to break down the Bears as they head into their summer break.
- What’s the deal with the John Fox and Ryan Pace relationship? Is Fox long for Chicago? Who are potential replacements for him? Does it matter that the Bears kept him for another season?
- Mitchell Trubisky and Mike Glennon have an interesting competition moving forward. Parkins’ thoughts on ideal scenarios for the Bears to play out between the two. Is it okay if the Bears play things “on the fly”?
- Scary thought: Leonard Floyd took two months to recover from his second concussion in 2016, per Floyd himself. Does this sound a greater alarm of concern for one of the Bears’ more important players? Can we accurately diagnose said concern?
- Danny Trevathan was “limited” by the Bears in mini-camp which brings up an interesting point: Is the team really any more vague or secretive than other NFL organizations in regards to information? Does it matter?
- Parkins’ thoughts on Pat Mahomes with the Kansas City Chiefs and a broader thought; Who will be the best quarterback of this last draft class five years from now: Trubisky, Mahomes, or the Texans’ Deshaun Watson? A not-so-easy bet.
Robert Zeglinski is the Bears beat writer for the Rock River Times and is an editor for Windy City Gridiron. Andrew Link is a staff writer for Windy City Gridiron. You can follow them both on Twitter @RobertZeglinski and @BearsLink82.