Training camp is the time of year where the Chicago Bears get ready to fine tune their schemes in all three phases, work up their conditioning, and build valuable team chemistry in preparation for the regular season. It’s an invaluable piece of team building and refinement.
Since 2002, the Bears have conducted their training camp practices at Olivet Nazarene University in Bourbonnais, Illinois and will again do the same in 2017. In that light, the organization released the full, official schedule this morning for this year’s proceedings in the late summer heat.
Let’s take a detailed look and highlight crucial pieces of the Bears’ camp schedule which you can also see in full below.
As a preemptive note, fans looking to attend 2017 camp practices will need to get free tickets in advance on the Bears website. People will not be allowed in the practice without a ticket and there will be promotions for the first 1,000 fans to arrive each time.
- Thursday, July 27th is the first day of camp and will be open to the public. The practice will run from 11:15 AM to 1:25 PM. The practice will officially open to all at 10:00 AM and close at 2:00 PM.
- Saturday, July 29th is the first day in pads for the Bears and will again be open to the public at the same morning time.
- The annual Bears Family Fest will be conducted at Soldier Field this year on Saturday, August 5th beginning at 3:00 PM.
- 10 practices will be open to the media in any facet.
- Overall, the Bears will run 11 practices open to the public from July 27th to Sunday, August 13th - the final public practice.
With everything officially set on paper, we’re just a little over five weeks away from the start of Bears preseason camp in Bourbonnais.
Robert Zeglinski is the Bears beat writer for the Rock River Times and is an editor for Windy City Gridiron. You can follow him on Twitter @RobertZeglinski.