Training Camp is right around the corner and we all know what that means. Football is almost here!
Note: You need to get free tickets prior to going to Bourbonnais. Fans will not be admitted without tickets as they had in previous seasons.
Unlike previous years, the rookies are expected at Halas Hall today, which begins a week-long session that will focus primarily on strength and conditioning. The rest of the team will report on July 26 at Olivet Nazarene University, as it has done since the 2001 season.
For this year’s camp, a good portion of the local WCG contingent will be heading to Bourbonnais. That’s right, the WCG folks are invading Kankakee County and hopefully we will see some of your smiling faces down at camp!
Robert Zeglinski is going to be there for most, or all, of camp. Jacob Infante and myself will be there for a good portion as well. And of course, Lester and Ken might be swinging by as well. Who knows who else might drop by!
Are any of our loyal readers heading down south? If so, let us know in the comments section. We would like to find some time to hang out with WCGers and what better environment than at camp? We would also like to hear from local “K3” folks who know the area or from frequent campers on what to do and where to go.
But if you can’t make it, don’t feel left out. We plan on updating the faithful on Twitter, Facebook, WCG and Podcasts. Since most of us don’t have media restrictions, we are going to bring you unprecedented coverage in the current Gestapo-like John Fox regime. The Fur Curtain is NOT going to hold us back!
With that, there are a few things that I am looking forward to seeing when I am at camp. Here are a few random thoughts and what I want to see from the team:
- First and foremost are the quarterbacks. More specifically is how Mike Glennon handles the offense. Is it crisp? Is he accurate? If he can’t look good in camp, that is going to be very worrisome to me.
- How much time does Mitch Trubisky get with the ones? How does he command the huddle and take snaps from center? Does he show the arm strength in camp that I heard about from OTA’s?
- Has Jordan Howard put in some time with a JUGS machine? I would like to see some softer looking hands from Howard.
- What does Tarik Cohen look like with the ball in his hands?
- I am really excited about the tight end position. I am curious to see how Dion Sims and Adam Shaheen are used together. How are they used together?
- Which wide outs stand out? Does Kevin White look like he’s still got the 4.35 speed? Has his route-running improved?
- What kind of shape are Long and Sitton in?
- What do bulked-up Jonathan Bullard and Roy Robertson-Harris look like? Can they handle the 5T spot in a rotation?
- How does Nick Kwiatoski look? Does he have a better grasp of his assignments in year 2?
- Which corners stand out? More specifically, does Kyle Fuller look like he can be the player we think he can be?
- How do Diondre’ Hall and Eddie Jackson look at free safety?
- The injured players are also interesting to me. I will be curious to see how much Danny Trevathan, Kyle Long, Jaye Howard, Cameron Meredith and Eddie Jackson look.
What are you looking for in camp? I would love to get your thoughts and see what everyone wants to see, if anything specific. It would also be great to know who is heading to camp and we can hangout, WCG-style!
Follow me on Twitter - @BearsLink82