Spend quality time with your families while you still can. These are the last days of 2017 where there won't be some kind of football to discuss or watch.
Yes, we're finally but a few days away before the Chicago Bears' report day for training camp, as optimism and hype in July again sits at an exuberant annual high.
On that note, there are a lot of questions to ponder.
What should the expectations be for each Bears' position group and unit? Who are the key players on every side of the ball? When will we see new contract signee Mitchell Trubisky? There's a lot on the plate for Chicago's coaching staff to decipher as the bar is officially set for the 2017 season.
In a jam-packed episode, Lester and I dive into all of these points and more to gear up for the perils Bears training camp always offers. Soon, there will be headlines of note galore and it's time to get ready (Player link here)
On this episode of WCG Radio
Bears 2017 camp is almost here, so here's a complete breakdown.
- Mitch Trubisky and the "panic" surrounding his contract is finally over. Akiem Hicks is now on deck.
- Top predicted storylines out of camp?
- Difference new Bears position coaches will make in helping or hurting Bears as a team. Who makes biggest impact? What move changes the Bears for the better on staff? Which of the big three (John Fox, Vic Fangio, Dowell Loggains) has the most pressure?
- Previewing the Bears offense and what to expect across every group. Will the skill positions hold the offense back? What kind of play design will be in store?
- Previewing the Bears defense in the same fashion. Who's the key player on the unit?
- Special teams (can Andy Phillips beat out Connor Barth?)
- Specific positional battles to watch out for.
- Bears Pro Bowler predictions
Robert Zeglinski is the Bears beat writer for the Rock River Times and is an editor for Windy City Gridiron. Lester Wiltfong Jr. is the editor-in-chief of Windy City Gridiron. You can follow them both on Twitter @RobertZeglinski and @wiltfongjr.