For the Chicago Bears, the real tests of players will come now as they strap on full pads for the first few times this season. 2017 has supposedly already gotten off on a wrong foot though, with an injury "epidemic" that's permeated throughout the team and a quarterback controversy that's existent but also somehow isn't. A cloud of imminent doom has already set in.
It all makes almost too much sense, doesn't it?
To read the tarot cards, Aaron Leming of The Bear Report joined me to discuss the ramifications of Pernell McPhee's latest PUP designation, early impressions from Bears camp to this point including Mitchell Trubisky, expectations over the next few days, and more. (Player link here.) Note: This is pre-practice on Saturday
On this episode of WCG Radio
Aaron Leming of The Bear Report joins Robert to make sense of a wild first few days at Bears camp and set the table for the first practices with full pads.
- Pernell McPhee's injury and PUP designation loom. Making sense of the injury and it's impact.
- Looking ahead to adding depth at OLB in 2018. Danny Trevathan's return a pleasant, optimistic surprise at ILB.
- Day 1 standouts from Tanner Gentry to Mitch Trubisky and Mike Glennon. Lowlights?
- Kyle Fuller's future and tenuous roster spot.
- Guys with most to prove in Bears camp.
- What to look over the first weekend of full pads from Trubisky to Leonard Floyd to general reaction.
- Akiem Hicks' contract status and worth
Robert Zeglinski is the Bears beat writer for the Rock River Times and is an editor for Windy City Gridiron. Aaron Leming is a writer for The Bear Report. You can follow them on Twitter @RobertZeglinski and @AaronLemingNFL.