If you missed the camp recaps from Saturday and Sunday, you can find those here and here. I will be heading back to camp this week on Wednesday (8/2) and Thursday (8/3). Now that I have a baseline from this past weekend, there are a few things that I want to watch more specifically.
- Can the quarterbacks get through their progressions faster and run the offense more smoothly?
- Which wide receiver(s) is/are going to stand out as more of the offense is installed?
- Can the secondary continue playing at a high level or do they regress as the offense gets more efficient? Who stands out? What safety pairing looks the most promising?
- When will we see Kyle Long and Danny Trevathan back on the field in contact drills? Does Benny Cunningham remove the orange jersey? When is Jeremy Langford back? Is Taylor Boggs still out with a potential concussion?
- Which defensive lineman step up to unseat Mitch Unrein? Jaye Howard, Jonathan Bullard and Roy Robertson-Harris have all flashed so far.
Of course there are some personal favorites that I will likely try and keep an eye on. What about the WCG faithful though? I would really like to hear what you all want to see or hear about from camp. Specific players, competitions, you name it, put it in the comments section and I will try my best to address it at either Wednesday’s or Thursday’s practice recap.
Since these are weekdays, I suspect that attendance will be down from the weekend and I will have the ability to roam a bit more than I have. Again, if anyone is heading to camp these days, let me know and don’t be afraid to say hi!
Follow me on Twitter - @BearsLink82