1) The Philadelphia Eagles hope to have a revamped passing game, with their biggest acquisition being Alshon Jeffery. In two preseason games, Jeffery has four catches, for 58 yards and a touchdown.
He had a shoulder injury early in camp, but he seems to be fine now.
2) San Francisco 49ers’ quarterback. Brian Hoyer, has played in all three preseason games, with his passer rating increasing each week. So far, he’s 21 of 32 (65.6%), for 268 yards, 2 TDs, and 1 interception, good for a 99.5 rating.
Rookie QB C.J. Beathard is showing that ‘Niner general manager, John Lynch, may have been ahead of the curve in his scouting of the Iowa quarterback. In three games, Beathard is 21 of 36 (58.3%), for 370 yards, 4 TDs, to 1 interception, and a 119.0 passer rating.
Matt Barkley received extensive work in their first preseason game, but has only thrown four passes since. He’s completing 61.9% of his passes for 197 yards, with a passer rating of 92.8.
3) One more ‘Niner nugget, place kicker Robbie Gould hasn’t missed an extra point this preseason, going 4 for 4, and he’s only missed one of three field goals, having a 51 yarder blocked.
4) The Miami Dolphins’ Jay Cutler is fitting in quite nicely so far.
Jay Cutler 72 yard pass to DeVante Parkerpic.twitter.com/aZUSEl2gb3— gifdsports (@gifdsports) August 24, 2017
Jay Cutler looks very happy pic.twitter.com/NT1BK2lBf2— NFLonCBS (@NFLonCBS) August 25, 2017
5) Matt Forte finally saw his first preseason action over the weekend for the New York Jets, and he had 10 runs for 43 yards, and 2 receptions for a yard. He had been nursing a hamstring injury.
6) Staying with the Jets, quarterback Josh McCown was recently named the teams starter, even though his lone preseason action was in their first game. He did complete 3 of 4 in that game (including the play below), so maybe that was enough.
VIDEO: Josh McCown hitting ROBBY ANDERSON (@youngamazing9) on a deep route in the #Jets week 1 preseason game.#NFLPreseason pic.twitter.com/dcPZW4KUUC— PirateLife Football (@PirateLifeFF) August 14, 2017
7) And staying in New York, the Giants’ Brandon Marshall has only appeared in one preseason game, making 1 catch for 2 yards. The wide out had a shoulder issue, but the team is expecting him to be ready for week one.
8) The Green Bay Packers are starting Martellus Bennett at tight end, and through three games, he has 3 grabs for 23 yards, and a TD catch.
Also, in case you missed it, he dropped his first single with a guest appearance by Snopp Dogg.
I’ll bet this is blowing up in the Green Bay clubs.
9) Did you realize that Julius Peppers, at 37 years old, is back with the Carolina Panthers?
He’s only had one tackle this preseason, but they’re going easy on him, with plans to unleash his still freakish skills as a situational pass rusher once the season starts.
10) The results of this Chicago Bears’ poll on Twitter has been surprisingly even.
Have the Chicago #Bears been handling their quarterback situation the correct way?— Windy City Gridiron (@WCGridiron) August 28, 2017
So, I wanted to bring the question to WCG.
Have the Chicago Bears been handling their quarterback situation the correct way?
This poll is closed
A Bonus 11th Thought via my Twitter!
I'm not surprised that Stafford became the highest paid player. I don't think he's the best QB, but that's the cost of business in the NFL. https://t.co/nl3RxylqmC— Lester A Wiltfong Jr (@wiltfongjr) August 29, 2017