The depths the Bears have reached in their third consecutive 0-2 start aren't uncommon for this team. There are roster deficiencies but a good portion of the issues facing this organization at the moment have been self-inflicted - not all limited to the current starter in Mike Glennon.
At any rate, in order to avoid a third consecutive 0-3 start under head coach John Fox, these Bears face a tall task at home this Sunday against the visiting Pittsburgh Steelers. The Steelers are one of the most complete teams in the league and Chicago will undoubtedly have to have an almost perfect effort to pull off the immense upset.
To discuss the developments of this game, Jeff Hartman, the editor over at Behind The Steel Curtain, joined E.J. and I to preview Sunday's contest and get an inside look at this Steeler team. (Individual link here.)
On this week's WCG Radio
Jeff Hartman of SB Nation's Behind The Steel Curtain hops on WCG Radio to preview Bears-Steelers on Sunday.
- Pieces back in place. Already 2-0. What stands in the Steelers way of making a Super Bowl run with this core?
- How has this Steelers defense evolved and improved? When, if ever, will it get back to the Pittsburgh standards of defense, again?
- The offense hasn't been to same explosive standards people have expected to this point (particularly the running game with Le'Veon Bell). What's been at the root of the Steelers' relative struggles there?
- Ben Roethlisberger had an up and down 2016 plagued by inconsistency and injuries throughout. What makes you think he could be past those pitfalls as he enters the twilight of his career?
- Top matchups on Sunday. Underrated Steelers name people might not know about nationally?
- How can the Bears attack the Steelers (big mismatch)? What's a weakness the Bears could be poised to exploit?
- Gauging a Zach Miller trade
- Jeff's game pick
- Glennon mania ramps up, talks for Mitchell Trubisky circle in more. Making sense of the situation. Fox already named Glennon starter for Sunday.
- Concerns of the offense's limitations and issues outside of Glennon?
- Why hasn't the Bears pass rush been able to get going? What's wrong with Leonard Floyd?
- Are the Bears overusing Tarik Cohen?
- Release of Gentry, Kwiatkoski injury fallout
- Looking for actual positives on both sides of the ball for the Bears. Literally anything.
- Keys to the Steelers game
- NFL Week 3 picks
- Bears-Steelers pick
Robert Zeglinski is the Bears beat writer for the Rock River Times and is an editor for Windy City Gridiron. E.J. Snyder is the lead draft analyst for Windy City Gridiron. You can follow both on Twitter @thedraftsmanFB and @RobertZeglinski.