For narrative purposes, Thursday night's Bears-Packers game means everything in the context of the NFL's longest rivalry. It's the first time in decades the Packers can take the lead in the all-time series with their Chicago counterparts since the 1930's. For football purposes, both teams are still well in the thick of the NFC North race. A win for Green Bay means they meet early season high expectations. A win for Chicago means they get through the most difficult part of their schedule at .500 setting up for a nice launching off point through the rest of the 2017 season.
No pressure. Right?
To help preview Thursday's pivotal contest, Peter Bukowski joined the guys on this week's WCG Radio to sort through the latest rash of Packers injuries, talk everything about the dynamic Martellus Bennett, and more. (Individual link here.)
- It feels like given the early injuries, the Packers are yet again more or less just trying to survive through the regular season. What's the concern level like around Green Bay?
- Ty Montgomery was seen as a breakout player in the off-season. He's kind of lived up to the hype as an all-purpose back with almost 250 yards from scrimmage so far. Do the Packers want more from him? What's his ceiling?
- Trubisky-Glennon and Favre-Rodgers shenanigans. What's the view from Wisconsin?
- Characterizing Martellus Bennett's addition so far to the team on the field and as a worthwhile progressive addition.
- On defense, it looks like the Packers are already working with similar issues in the secondary and on the front seven when Mike Daniels isn't wrecking offensive lines. Why is this a continual problem for the Packers year in and year out?
- What are some top matchups to watch out Thursday for the Bears? Who are some names people might not know about nationally on either side of the ball?
- How can the Bears attack the Packers successfully and regain their precious series lead? What has you concerned in this matchup?
Peter makes his pick for the game.
- Aftermath of the Steelers game: Jordan Howard (Rumble Pak) and Tarik Cohen (Joystick) run roughshod on Pittsburgh despite Mike Glennon's ineffectiveness.
- Trubisky playing scenarios for Thursday night. Reading the tarot cards through Dowell Loggains and John Fox press conferences.
- How can Leonard Floyd finally get going as a pass rusher? What's been ailing him so far?
- Keys to the Packers game for Chicago.
- NFL Picks Week 4
- CHI-GB game pick
Robert Zeglinski is the Bears beat writer for the Rock River Times and is an editor for Windy City Gridiron. Andrew Link is a writer for Windy City Gridiron. You can follow them on Twitter @RobertZeglinski and @BearsLink82.