For those of you that may not know, for the last several years I’ve been breaking down every sack the Chicago Bears’ have allowed. What started off as a fun, yet lengthy, exercise where I’m able to dissect some offensive line play and pass blocking schemes, has turned into a fun, yet shorter, exercise where I’m able to dissect some offensive line play and pass blocking schemes.
I started this series back in the Mike Martz years, which were atrocious in the sacks allowed category, but last year the Bears actually had their lowest sacks allowed since their 2006 NFC Championship team.
I’m hoping for a fourth consecutive season of better pass protection in 2017.
This year we wanted to kickoff the Sackwatch by giving something back to our loyal readers. So, with the help of Wingstop, we’re going to give one lucky reader a $50 gift card to enjoy some tasty chicken wings.
Here are the rules, so pay attention.
In the subject line of this comment section you must predict the first* sack allowed by the Chicago Bears by giving us the week, the quarter, and the time the play started from scrimmage**.
For example, your guess should look like this - Week 1, 2nd quarter, 14:45.
So if the Bears allow a sack in the first game, in the second quarter, and the time on the play clock when the ball was snapped is 14:45, then you win!
* Only an official sack will count, so if the play is wiped out by a penalty, it never happened.
** I will use the times given form the NFL’s Game Statistics & Information System
- Only one guess per WCG member.
- The closest time guessed to the actual sack allowed will win the $50 gift card.
- If there is a tie, the first guess will get the win, so make sure you don’t make the same guess as another WCG member.
- If two guesses are exactly the same distance apart, the winner will be the guess that didn’t go over. For example, Guess A is 8:40 and Guess B is 8:30 and the sack allowed is at 8:35, then Guess B wins!
Give Wingstop a visit!
If you guys are on Twitter, here’s another chance to win a $50 gift card!
We have another $50 @wingstop gift card to give away! For a shot at this one all you have to do is FOLLOW us and RETWEET this Tweet! #Bears pic.twitter.com/gjlxRlBTlT— Windy City Gridiron (@WCGridiron) September 7, 2017