There's nothing like the fervor of draft season in the NFL. No one else in any sport can say they put as much stock into watching freakishly sized men run around in their skivvies in extremely controlled settings. Or, continually watch black quarterbacks be turned into wide receivers just because. And, seeing many create character concerns that don't exist for prospects out of the blue. It's a
nauseating exciting process year in and year out.
Seeing how as the next few months are the best way for teams around the league to improve and set a foundation however, we must dive into evaluations in free agency and the draft nevertheless. The Bears need help everywhere - particularly on the defensive edge and wide receiver - so this is a hero's job that not everyone might be up to the task for.
To help take a good and deep look at the some of best prospects at the Senior Bowl according to the Bears' needs, as well as set crosshairs on what players Chicago should be targeting overall, Aaron Leming of The Bear Report joined me on the latest WCG Radio for an enlightening conversation this draft season. Feel. The. Fever.
On this episode of WCG Radio
Aaron Leming of The Bear Report hops on the show to set the table for free agency and draft season for the Bears.
- Setting the top five needs for Chicago (great minds think alike!)
- Top Senior Bowl prospects according to each Bears need
- Top prospects overall (a positional value debate)
- Aaron’s Super Bowl LII pick (wow, how bold of him)
- Why fair franchise quarterback Mitchell Trubisky is better than the Patriots' Tom Brady, the supposed “g.o.a.t”.
- Opening up the WCG Bears mailbag on The Oscars, overrated NFL coaches, and more
Robert Zeglinski is the Bears beat writer for The Rock River Times, an editor for Windy City Gridiron, and is a contributor to The Athletic Chicago. You can follow him on Twitter @RobertZeglinski.