The clock is now ticking for the Bears. Kyle Fuller’s window to be franchise tagged by Chicago opened this week and the routes possible are loaded with long term ramifications.
Do the Bears elect to get Fuller signed to a multi-year deal? Do they tag him and wait until a summer deadline to work on a new contract? Or, in the worst case scenario, do they let him walk and test the waters of free agency replacements?
Everything is on the table for the Bears and Fuller as both look to secure their respective futures. To make sense of it all, Pro Football Weekly’s Eric Edholm hopped on the latest podcast to unpack the Bears’ options with Fuller. We also dove into how Jarvis Landry affects the wide receiver open market, previewed the Scouting Combine, and more.
On this episode of WCG Radio
Eric Edholm of Pro Football Weekly breaks down the Bears’ stand off with Kyle Fuller, the Jarvis Landry wide receiver market, and more.
- The window to franchise tag Fuller has opened. What’s in play for the Bears and their star cornerback?
- Eric takes out his fortune telling hat and makes a prediction on Fuller’s return.
- Landry has been franchise tagged. Deciphering what this means for the free agent wide receiver market.
- Eric again does his best fortune teller impression, and picks out two receivers for the Bears.
- Previewing the Scouting Combine and Bears’ fits from edge rushers, to receivers, to cornerbacks.
- A love letter to Missouri basketball and Loyola.
Robert Zeglinski is the Bears beat writer for The Rock River Times, an editor for Windy City Gridiron, and is a contributor to The Athletic Chicago. You can follow him on Twitter @RobertZeglinski.