Before the new league year starts in approximately a month, the Bears and Ryan Pace are going to have a lot of decisions to make regarding current players on their roster. Are guys like Josh Sitton and Bobby Massie really going to be cap casualties? Where does Kyle Fuller's future in Chicago stand as far as a long-term deal, a franchise tag, or whether he's staying at all?
To help break down this pending roster churn on the open market, Bears beat writer for The Athletic Chicago, Kevin Fishbain, hopped on the latest WCG Radio to make sense of where the team's priorities may lie. (BlogTalk individual link here.)
On this episode of WCG Radio
Bears beat writer for The Athletic Chicago, Kevin Fishbain, hops on the show to prime the Bears’ free agency plans in terms of cuts and player targets come March.
- Main takeaways from the Eagles’ victory in Super Bowl LII. Where do the Bears’ hopes lie?
- Going position by position for Bears’ cuts and free agents to sign
- How does Adam Shaheen’s development impact the Bears at tight end?
- Who are backup QB options, if following the Philadelphia model?
- Where’s Vic Fangio’s head in Fuller's return? Addition of Malcolm Butler (could the Bears make an investment?)
- Josh McDaniels spurns the Colts: reactions and how it reflects on Ryan Pace
- Brian Urlacher, the first-ballot Hall of Famer, and his impact
- Mailbag on Lane Kiffin vs. McDaniels, and a call for more Bears’ fun!
Robert Zeglinski is the Bears beat writer for The Rock River Times, an editor for Windy City Gridiron, and is a contributor to The Athletic Chicago. You can follow him on Twitter @RobertZeglinski.