The 2018 NFL Scouting Combine has come and gone. With it, brings the coming of valuable evaluative data and the insanity of free agency in the open market.
There are a lot draft prospects that enjoyed quality weekends in bumping up their stock as potential bona fide long term NFL players. Others left a lot to be desired. Most had at least something interesting to say in interviews when it was their turn to shine in the limelight amongst the gathered crowd of football media in Indianapolis.
To help discuss the insanity that broke out in Lucas Oil Stadium and otherwise, SB Nation's NFL Draft Editor Dan Kadar, who runs Mocking The Draft, hopped on the latest WCG Radio to discuss his experiences this year in Indy. From the players that shined most in his eyes, to the guy he says sent a shiver down his spine while talking to him, Kadar broke everything down in regards to top story lines and Bears' fits.
Oh and don't worry: we shortly previewed the hoopla of free agency for Chicago too (for the Allen Robinson maniacs in the crowd).
On this episode of WCG Radio
SB Nation’s Dan Kadar talks about his experiences in Indianapolis with the Scouting Combine and helps preview Bears (and Browns) free agency.
- The best and worst performances at wide receiver. What’s with Calvin Ridley?
- The best and worst performances of offensive linemen. A down in the dumps weekend for Orlando Brown.
- The best and worst performances of defensive backs. A Florida State safety made major dollar bills!
- The best and worst performances of running backs. Saquon Barkley is the man, but how would the hybrid of David Johnson and Matt Forte i.e. Kalen Ballage fit in Chicago?
- A certain linebacker was mocked to Chicago in Dan's latest mock draft. His reasoning behind why.
- Favorite interviews of the Combine. Which guy sent a shiver down Dan’s spine? Which player’s mom earnestly runs his social media and reads all mock drafts?
- Derrius Guice highlights the problem with the Combine personal interview process once again. Possible fixes to something that should be simple.
- Free agency: the Browns’ and Bears’ plans. Feel the A.J. McCarron fever! And, get ready for Robinson (maybe).
- Mailbag on Chicago’s trade down options from No. 8 overall and finally finding Robbie Gould’s heir apparent at kicker.
Robert Zeglinski is the Bears beat writer for The Rock River Times, an editor for Windy City Gridiron and Inside The Pylon, and is a contributor to Pro Football Weekly and The Athletic Chicago. You can follow him on Twitter @RobertZeglinski.