Roquan Smith’s Bears holdout is finally, mercifully over. So, now we can focus on the all-important preseason interceptions of Mitchell Trubisky, and why the Bears clearly hate James Daniels. We can also dive into the latest conspiracy theories, like why Von Miller is seemingly enamored with Trubisky at every turn. And, we can put our Madden general manager hats on and get Khalil Mack traded to Chicago.
Welcome to the newest episode of Windy City Gridiron Radio, a brand we’re really invested in building here at WCG. You, as the listener, deserve the absolute best out of a Bears podcast and analysis, and we’re going to try to give that to you with our
hot takes responsible opinions and deep dive conversations. We appreciate you visiting us and listening, and hope you’ll stay along for the ride as we take this brand to the next level.
Not by coincidence on this new episode, it’s the first time that Aaron Leming - our newest staff writer - has recorded a podcast as a member of the staff. He’s one of our more insightful writers (and is apparently my twin?) so this was fitting. Aaron and I will make this a regular fun thing through the regular season and months ahead, so stick with us as we bring the fun to you. Name a better duo, I’ll wait.
Without further ado, here’s the latest episode on Smith’s return, Daniels center madness, and Aaron and I venting our frustrations at a bad Bears pass rush. It’s Episode 44: The Nick Kwiatkoski Episode. We hope you’ll enjoy. Please subscribe, rate, and review on iTunes!
On this episode of WCG Radio
- Roquan Smith finally joins the Bears, and the end of the Nick Kwiatkoski hype
- Reasonable expectations for Smith as a rookie
- Cody Whitehair and James Daniels center bonanza: what gives?
- Does Daniels start in Week 1?
- Allen Robinson being eased into debut: concern level
- Von Miller loves Mitch Trubisky (you should care!)
- John Elway also loves Trubisky (but you shouldn’t care!)
- Bears-Broncos preview (the edge rush situation is BAD)
- Khalil Mack: what a responsible trade would take
- Throwing out scenarios for Mack (Floyd?)
Robert is an editor, writer, and producer for Windy City Gridiron, The Rock River Times, The Athletic Chicago, and other fine places. Aaron is a writer for Windy City Gridiron and The Bear Report. You can follow them on Twitter @RobertZeglinski and @AaronLemingNFL.