It’s the late stages of the NFL preseason so you know what that means ... it’s time to recklessly speculate!
*Confetti drops, bells and whistles go off spectacularly, fireworks explode.
One of those discussions centers (pun intended) around why the Bears insist on putting a natural center in James Daniels at left guard after giving him exclusive center snaps for the past few weeks. Does it have anything to do with quarterback and center feelings? Another is horrid planning in advance by Chicago general manager Ryan Pace to address his 2018 edge pass rush: is he that complacent?
On the latest episode of Windy City Gridiron Radio, Editor-in-chief Lester Wiltfong Jr. joins me to discuss this Bears offensive line shuffling and their pass rush issues. He’s my favorite offensive tackle ever and the big man has thoughts on a lack of continuity up front. As always: name a better duo, I’ll wait.
Just as a reminder, WCG Radio is a brand we’re really invested in building here at Windy City Gridiron. You, as the listener, deserve the absolute best out of a Bears podcast, and we’re going to try to give that to you with our
hot takes responsible opinions. We appreciate you listening, and hope you’ll stay along for the ride.
Now here’s the latest episode on Daniels finding a position, a lack of a Bears edge, and summer plans. This is Episode 45: Joel Iyiegbuniwe edition.
Subscribe, rate, and review on iTunes!
Also on BlogTalk Radio
On this episode of WCG Radio
- Adam Shaheen and Leonard Floyd injuries: how can Chicago weather the storm?
- Matt Nagy’s response to injuries is key
- James Daniels on a roller coaster: ending the madness
- Tin-foil hat time: Does Mitch Trubisky or Cody Whitehair have more influence over center than originally believed?
- Breaking down Ryan Pace’s poor planning on the edge: how the Bears got here, and options (trade for Mack!!!)
- What to watch for against the Chiefs: no one get injured. No one. And, Nagy “Revenge Game”!
- End-of-summer plans: Catch Em’ All!
Robert is an editor, writer, and producer for Windy City Gridiron, The Rock River Times, The Athletic Chicago, and other fine publications. Lester is the Editor-in-chief of Windy City Gridiron. You can follow them on Twitter @RobertZeglinski and @wiltfongjr.