Hey Bears Fans! You voted, so I delivered! This episode will be all about the cap.
With the help of Brad Spielberger from Over The Cap, I roar through pretty much every question I could think of related to the Bears’ 2019 salary cap situation and how it affects their offseason. The questions include...
- Does Cap Hell exist? If so, what causes it?
- How much cap space will the Chicago Bears have to work with this offseason?
- Can the Bears actually cut Cody Parkey? What would his cap hit do to their offseason plans?
- Some have mentioned potentially restructuring Kyle Long’s deal/turning some folks’ cap hits into signing bonus. What’s involved in a contract-restructure and how does it affect the cap?
- The Bears have a few fairly important players hitting free agency this offseason — what happens to Bobby Massie, Adrian Amos, Bryce Callahan, Patrick O’Donnell, and the others?
- What even is an RFA? An ERFA?
- Who are a few way-too-early Free Agency targets for Bears’ fans to keep their eyes on?
- Which of the Bears’ NFC North rivals has the worst cap outlook right now?
Give it a listen and let me know what you think! Be sure to shoot Brad Spielberger a follow if Twitter is your thing, he brought tons of great info to this episode. Bear down, and thanks so much for Bearing With Me!
What do you want to hear about in BWM 12?
This poll is closed
Quarterback Special: Mitchell Trubisky, The NFC North, and You
Learning from History: How Well Does Success Carry Over Season-To-Season? How Long Is Our "Window" Open, Anyway?
New DC, Who Dis? Chuck Pagano and What He Means to the Bears Defense
Sorry, There’s Football On: Breaking Down the Super Bowl Contenders; What are They Doing that Got Them There?
Feedback rocks, so please feel free to provide it! Whether positive or negative, I want to make something that you want to listen to. Comments about length, content, anything you have an opinion on is welcome. Bear Down, and thanks for Bearing With Me!