I wonder if the teams that all took first round quarterbacks in the 2018 NFL Draft before the Ravens traded back into the first round (32nd overall) to get Jackson have any regrets. That year the Philadelphia Eagles traded their first and fourth rounders (32nd and 132nd) to the Ravens in exchange for Baltimore’s second and fourth rounders (52nd and 125th) and a second-round pick in the 2019 draft.
Good deal or nah?
The teams and QBs taken before Jackson were; the Cleveland Browns took Baker Mayfield 1st, the New York Jets got Sam Darnold at 3rd overall, Josh Allen went to the Buffalo Bills with the 7th pick, and the Arizona Cardinals tabbed Josh Rosen with the 10th pick.
Bobby Douglass' NFL quarterback rushing record of 69.1 yards per game — which has held up since 1972 — is in serious jeopardy. Ravens QB Lamar Jackson up to 79.6 yards per game after rushing for 95 on Monday night.— Mark Potash (@MarkPotash) November 26, 2019
2) In the NFC, the San Francisco 49ers look like the team to beat after dismantling the Green Bay Packers on Sunday Night. That defense is scary right now and the offense plays an efficient brand of football.
They sacked Aaron Rodgers 5 times and did this to him.
Aaron Rodgers' 104 yards passing is the fewest since 1950 by a QB with 20+ completions pic.twitter.com/59NmAGZQdA— CBS Sports HQ (@CBSSportsHQ) November 25, 2019
And the overall numbers aren’t all that good this year either.
Aaron Rodgers QBR:— new-age analytical (@benbbaldwin) November 25, 2019
--Under the evil incompetent Mike McCarthy in 2018: 58.0
--Under boy genius Matt LeFleur in 2019: 53.5
I think the Minnesota Vikings are going to win the NFC North.
3) Ryan Tannehill, who was traded away by the Dolphins this offseason to back up Marcus Mariota, has found new life at 31-years old with the Tennessee Titans, and is set to cash in as a free agent. He went 14 of 18 for 259 yards with 2 TDs passing and he ran for 2 TDs in Tennessee’s 42 to 20 beat down of the Jacksonville Jaguars.
4) Speaking of veteran QBs looking for new life, the winless Cincinnati Bengals are turning back to 32-year old Andy Dalton now that they look to have the top draft pick all wrapped up. He’s signed through 2020, but the Bengals could cut him with no more guaranteed money left on his deal. The best case scenario for them is that he plays so well that they can flip him for a draft pick this offseason.
5) Lineman TDs are the best.
Let's start the week off right by basking in the glow of every TD scored by a player over 300 pounds so far this NFL season. pic.twitter.com/FGEGkDsCw2— Field Yates (@FieldYates) November 25, 2019
6) The Oakland Raiders were getting smoked by the New York Jets and it got so bad that Derek Carr was benched for Mike Glennon.
Has he shown enough to be the QB1 for them in 2020?
8) NFL referees have been trash all year.
3rd and 1— new-age analytical (@benbbaldwin) November 25, 2019
Game on the line
9) So even though the Dallas Cowboys were hosed with the above call, there’s this nugget from their head coach, Jason Garrett.
Jason Garrett “we don’t use the stats when in the game”— Connor Livesay (@ConnorNFLDraft) November 25, 2019
When asked about win probability numbers given before decisions to kick or go for it.
You hate to see that, you really do.
How old school do you have to be to refuse to take advantage of any pertinent analytics that could give your team an advantage?
Unless the Cowboys make a deep playoff run I think he’s getting fired.
10) The Bears’ Cordarrelle Patterson might make the Pro Bowl as a special teamer thanks to his kick return ability and his gunner ability. The guy he’s throwing the ball to in the stands might have ate too much glue in kindergarten.
Cordarrelle Patterson threw it to a guy with a 0 awareness rating— Barstool Chicago (@barstoolchicago) November 24, 2019
(via ig/kyle_schneider318) pic.twitter.com/JaeCufxAom
11) Black Friday Shopping early!