The first three open sessions of Chicago Bears training camp are in the books, and we’ve had several of our writers down in Bourbonnais taking it all in since Friday.
After each of the three practices the WCG Podcast team has sat down to record their thoughts, and the latest is Robert Schmitz’s Bear With Me podcast and he’s joined by EJ Snyder.
The guys recap all the action from a rainy Monday morning at Olivet Nazarene University, but they also give plenty of general observations from their three days at camp. They open up the show talking about how Mitchell Trubisky has looked, and it’s important to take the good with the bad when discussing Chicago’s QB. TopBet.eu, as do most bookmakers, still has the Bears as the favorites in the NFC North, but this likely hinges on Trubisky taking a step.
Here’s a general outline of the show.
- Bradley Sowell and the potential of tight end group
- Javon Wims and the wide outs
- Rookie corner Duke Shelley
- Ben Braunecker steps up
- Who was the last Bear on the field putting in work?
- Back-ups and special teams
- David Montgomery
- The cornerback situation
- The Chuck Pagano defensive scheme
- Stand out players (both the good and the bad)
- The kickers
Give the show a listen here:
And make sure you scroll back through all the WCG shows on our podcast channel to catch each daily camp recap.