At the half the Bears trail 7 to 3...
Aaron Rodgers to Jimmy Graham for a TD and the Packers take the lead, 7 to 3.
2nd quarter starting...
1st Quarter - Eddy Pineiro makes a FG for the Bears and they lead 3-0.
1st Quarter - The Packers go 3 and out to start the game! Roy Robertson-Harris with a 3rd down sack!
This thread is now going to pull double duty and transform into the open thread for the 199th game between the Chicago Bears and the Green Bay Packers. The NFL couldn’t have picked a better 2019 season opener than to go with the up and coming Bears, coming off their first division title in almost a decade, taking on their biggest rival, and usual division favorite, the Packers.
It should be a fun game and for live statistical updates you can check out at NFL.com.
In case you missed it, here are the inactives for tonight. For the Bears; TE Trey Burton, CB Kevin Toliver II, RB Kerrith Whyte Jr., ILB Josh Woods, OL Rashaad Coward, DL Abdullah Anderson, and WR Riley Ridley. For the Packers; WR Darrius Shepherd, RB Dexter Williams, CB Ka’dar Hollman, LB Oren Burks, G Cole Madison, T/G Alex Light, DL Kingsley Keke
Keep in mind this is an open thread and it is rated WCG-MA.
The last time we witnessed the Chicago Bears playing in a meaningful game was January 6th, and it was one of the worst moments in Chicago sports history. A heartbreaking playoff loss is about as bad as it gets, but what made that one even worse was how often we had to hear about it since. Kicking off the 2019 season is the only real way to turn the page on that rough moment, and even then we’ll still get some references to it each week.
The best way for our fan-base to move past it is to see our favorite team win. Then win again, And then win some more. Luckily for us we’re cheering for a damn good football team this year.
The Chicago Bears are good and it’s okay to be excited for the future.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Bears season opener.
When is the game?
Thursday night, September 5, 2019, at 7:20 p.m. Central
Where is the game?
Soldier Field, Chicago, Illinois and Chicago has issued a traffic advisory for the game, so if you plan to attend live, be sure to check this out for all the details.
How to watch!
To celebrate the NFL’s 100th season, the Bears were given the prime time, season opening spot on NBC. Al Michaels will be on the play by play with Chris Collinsworth as the color commentator.
The game can also be streamed online right here at NBCSports.
- NFL and college football can also be streamed on fubo TV, so click here for details!
How to listen!
Traditional Radio - WBBM 780 (Chicago) and 105.9 FM with Jeff Joniak on the play-by-play and Tom Thayer on color.
Satellite Radio - Bears feed: XM Streaming 226
And speaking of listening, be sure to check out Bill Zimmerman’s latest Bears Banter podcast as he goes toe to toe with noted troll and Packers’ writer, Peter Bukowski!
Our Game Previews!
We’ve had a bunch of Bears-Packers stuff this week, so just in case you missed any of it, here you go:
- For our Podcast fans, check out Robert Schmitz’ game preview here:
- In Erik Duerrwaechter’s latest weekly series, Tactical Thinking, he’ll be looking at the match-up the Bears could look to exploit each week. Against Green Bay, he thinks the Bear running backs could be in for a big night.
- Sam Householder has his usual weekly game preview that is always jam-packed full of information.
- Jeff Berckes answered 5 questions from Acme Packing Co. about the game and you can find those here.
- And Jeff asked Acme Packing Co. 5 questions about the game and you can find those here.
- Here’s another preview podcast, this one from Jeff and EJ Snyder!
- Here’s the official injury report for the game.
- This preview from PackerFan42 is a must watch.
Here’s Steven and Sam’s Pre Game LIVESTREAM that they do while playing Madden on Steven’s TWitch channel. Tune in now!
The Bears are currently -3 with the over/under for the game at 46.
For more on sports gambling, check out our new series from Sam and Jeff right here:
And here are some more recent things form OddscheckerUS.
- Bears to win their opening game against Green Bay Packers: -162
- To win the NFC North: +180 (F)
- To win the NFC Playoffs: +900 (4F)
- To win Super Bowl LIV: +2000 (8F)
- David Montgomery to win Offensive Rookie of the Year: +1600
- Mitchell Trubisky to win MVP: +5000
- Regular Season Wins: Over 9.5: +120 / Under 9.5: -137