The Bears having a good D was to be expected, but the Colts’ defensive ranking is a bit of a surprise. Some of that could be aided by their less than stellar opponents (Jaguars, Vikings, Jets), but there is some star power among Indy’s defenders; Darius Leonard, DeForest Buckner, and Justin Houston to name a few.
On the other side of the ball all eyes will be on new starting QB Nick Foles when the Bears are on offense, and when the Colts have the rock my attention will be in the trenches where Quenton Nelson does work at left guard.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Bears vs Colts game.
When is the game?
Sunday, October 4, at 3:25 p.m. Central
Where is the game?
Soldier Field, Chicago, Illinois
A 50% chance for rain and a high of 53° (weather.com)
How to watch!
With the game moved into the later time slot, 506 Sports won’t have time to re-do their coverage map for the game, but according to the Buffalo Bills’ website the Bills vs Raiders game will go to the majority of the country.
In addition to Western New York, the game will be available in approximately 70 percent of the country including the following states - New York, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Jersey, Connecticut, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia (northern), Florida (southern), West Virginia, Ohio, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas (west of Houston), Kansas, Missouri (west), Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Arizona, California, Nevada, Wyoming, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Alaska and Hawaii. Check your local listings for more information.
CBS has Greg Gumbel on play by play with Rich Gannon on color scheduled for the Bears game.
UPDATE: 506 Sports came through with a map! But keep in mind that they had to “make a few assumptions and guesses but anything that’s off *should* be fixed in the morning.”
NFL and college football can be streamed with fuboTV, so just click right here for plenty of sports — including the NFL Network — and local network television.
How to listen!
Traditional Radio - WBBM 780 and 105.9 FM (Chicago) with Jeff Joniak on the play-by-play and Tom Thayer on color, and also on Univision 1200 AM and Latino Mix 93.5 FM.
We crush the previews each week, so if you missed anything here you go!
- Sam Householder’s weekly game preview is right here.
- All of WCG’s keys to a Bears win is right here.
- The WCG crew give their Bears - Colts winner, plus all our week 1 picks, right here.
- Jeff Berckes has his 5 Questions with Stampede Blue right here to learn more about what the Colts have to offer.
- And Jeff answered some of their questions about how the Bears match-up with the Colts, and his responses can be found here.
- The final Bears vs Colts injury report is right here.
- Plus if you aren’t subscribed to the Windy City Gridiron Podcast Channel you can hit our page at Megaphone with all the subscription options — We’re available everywhere and we’re free! We’ll have recaps, previews, and so much more each week from our podcast team.
Be sure you scroll through the entire channel, but we wanted to make sure you caught Bill Zimmerman’s interview with Olin Kreutz.
Check out the team’s game preview right here from their YouTube channel.
- Have I mentioned EJ Snyder’s NFL show, Bootleg Football?
- And how about R. Schmitz’s Run Pass Opinion Xs&Os live stream from earlier this week?
Click on our names to follow us on Twitter: Jeff Berckes; Patti Curl; Eric Christopher Duerrwaechter; Kev H; Sam Householder; Jacob Infante; Aaron Lemming; Ken Mitchell; Jack R Salo; Steven Schweickert; Jack Silverstein; EJ Snyder; Lester Wiltfong, Jr.; Whiskey Ranger; Robert Schmitz; Robert Zeglinski; Bill Zimmerman; Like WCG on Facebook.