To be completely fair, not everyone on the Chicago Bears injury report for today is listed due to injury, but the report also doesn’t account for defensive lineman Roy Robertson-Harris, who was just placed on injured reserve, or starting center Cody Whitehair, who is still on the Reserve/COVID-19 list.
Here’s how the Bears list things today:
- S - Tashaun Gipson Sr., Foot, LP
- ILB - Roquan Smith, Back, LP
- ILB - Danny Trevathan, Non-injury/resting veteran, DNP
- ILB - Josh Woods, Ankle/calf, FP
- DL - Akiem Hicks, Non-injury/resting veteran, DNP
- NT - John Jenkins, Ankle, DNP
- DL - Brent Urban, Shin/thumb, FP
- DB - Sherrick McManis, Hand, DNP
- OLB - Barkevious Mingo, Shoulder, LP
- TE - Jimmy Graham, Non-injury/resting veteran, DNP
- TE - Cole Kmet, Groin, DNP
- RB - David Montgomery, Concussion, DNP
- C - Sam Mustipher, Knee, DNP
- WR - Allen Robinson II, Knee, LP
- OT - Jason Spriggs, Knee, DNP
- QB - Mitchell Trubisky, Right shoulder, DNP
(LP = Limited practice, FP = Full practice, DNP = Did not practice)
I would imagine the limited participants will be fine as the Bears go through the next couple days of practice before Monday’s game against the Minnesota Vikings, and the resting vets will all be back tomorrow, but Spriggs and Mustipher still being too injured to practice is concerning for an offensive line that struggled last week.
Head coach Matt Nagy indicated he wasn’t sure how close Whitehair, who tested positive for COVID-19 last week, was to returning, nor was he aware of any lingering symptoms Whitehair may still be suffering from.
With Robertson-Harris heading to IR, that leaves the Bears with just 50 players on their 53-man roster. One of those spots could be used for suspended wide out Javon Wims after this Sunday, one for Whitehair once he’s activated, with the other likely going to a current practice squad player.
Here’s how the Vikings listed their injury report for today:
- TE - Irv Smith Jr., Groin, DNP
- FB - C.J. Ham, Shoulder/Not Injury Related, DNP
- CB - Cameron Dantzler, Concussion, LP
- DE - Ifeadi Odenigbo, Shoulder, FP
- WR - Adam Thielen, Shoulder, FP
Things will obviously change before Saturday’s final injury report and we’ll bring that to you once it’s announced.