The first injury report for the Chicago Bears in advance of Sunday’s game against the Green Bay Packers came out today, and it was cleaner than we’ve seen the last few weeks. The highlight being the return of quarterback Mitchell Trubisky, who was listed as a full participant after not practicing since injuring his shoulder in the Saints game on the first day of November.
Nick Foles, who has started the last 7 games at quarterback for the Bears, did not practice today as he was resting the hip injury he suffered on November 16th against the Vikings.
Head coach Matt Nagy wouldn’t name a starting QB for Green Bay, but it sure seems like it’s trending towards Mitch getting the nod. “I have all the confidence in the world in him,” Nagy said of Trubisky if he were to be the starter.
Nagy spent a lot of time in today’s press conference talking about how much Trubisky has improved during his time serving as the back up to Foles. “I do believe, in my heart of hearts, that he has grown and he will be a better player because of it,” Nagy said.
Akiem Hicks, who hurt his hamstring in that Vikings game, was the only other Bears player that was held out completely due to injury.
Also returning to the practice field was running back David Montgomery, who was sidelined in the league’s concussion protocol, and center Sam Mustipher, who has been out with a knee injury.
Here’s the full Bears injury report from 11/25.
- QB - Nick Foles, Hip - DNP
- TE - Jimmy Graham, Non-injury/resting veteran - DNP
- DT - Akiem Hicks, Hamstring - DNP
- ILB - Danny Trevathan, Personal - DNP
- NT - John Jenkins, Ankle - LP
- S - Sherrick McManis, Hand - LP
- WR - Cordarrelle Patterson, Calf - LP
- OL - Rashaad Coward, Ankle- FP
- OLB - Barkevious Mingo, Shoulder - FP
- RB - David Montgomery, Concussion - FP
- OL - Sam Mustipher, Knee - FP
- QB - Mitchell Trubisky, Right shoulder - FP
DNP - Did not participate in practice
LP - Limited participation in practice
FP - Full participation
Here’s how the Packers listed things today.