Chicago Playoff Scenarios
If the Bears beat the Packers they are guaranteed a spot in the playoffs at 9-7, and if the Cardinals beat the Rams the Bears would then be the 6th seed with Arizona getting the 7th and L.A. getting the shaft in a three-way tie scenario.
A Chicago win and a Rams win would mean the Bears are the 7 seed with the Rams taking the 6th.
If the Bears lose against the Packers, and the Cardinals win, the Bears would be out of the playoffs, but if the Bears and Cards lose, the Bears get the 7th seed with the Rams at number 6.
The Rams may be without starting quarterback Jared Goff who broke his thumb during their week 16 game against the Seahawks, and they’ll be missing their top two running backs too. The Cardinals could be without quarterback Kyler Murray who has a lower leg injury.
Here is the full week 17 schedule for Sunday, January 3, 2021.
(All times Central)
- Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills - 12:00 PM - CBS
- Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals - 12:00 PM - CBS
- Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns - 12:00 PM - CBS
- Minnesota Vikings at Detroit Lions - 12:00 PM - FOX
- Tennessee Titans at Houston Texans - 3:25 PM - CBS
- Jacksonville Jaguars at Indianapolis Colts - 3:25 PM - CBS
- New York Jets at New England Patriots - 12:00 PM - CBS
- Dallas Cowboys at New York Giants - 12:00 PM - FOX
- Atlanta Falcons at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 12:00 PM - FOX
- New Orleans Saints at Carolina Panthers - 3:25 PM - FOX
- Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears - 3:25 PM - FOX
- Las Vegas Raiders at Denver Broncos - 3:25 PM - CBS
- Los Angeles Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs - 3:25 PM - FOX
- Arizona Cardinals at Los Angeles Rams - 3:25 PM - CBS
- Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers - 3:25 PM - FOX
- Washington Football Team at Philadelphia Eagles - 7:20 PM - NBC
It’s expected that the FOX #1 announce team of Joe Buck and Troy Aikman will get the Bears game.
Washington gets the Sunday night spot because their game will decide the NFC East. If they win, they clinch the division, but if they lose, then the winner of the Cowboys-Giants will take the title.