It’s in the books! The 2020 NFL Draft provided a much needed respite of (somewhat) real sports in our lives. If you’re like many Bears fans, you’ve been anxiously awaiting the results of this draft. Ryan Pace had the opportunity to add talent from a deep class to a few key position battles and did so... just maybe not where everyone thought he would.
Jeff and EJ break down all of the Bears picks including:
- Thoughts regarding the value of Cole Kmet at pick 43
- High marks on the Jaylon Johnson selection
- A developmental pass rusher
- A possibly redundant but interesting slot corner
- The new speedy receiver to open up this offense
The guys also break down the rest of the NFC North including the head scratching draft up at the dairy farm. Finally, the guys tease some big projects that they’ve been working on and will be featured soon on Windy City Gridiron and elsewhere.
All that over a couple tasty beverages - what more could you want?
Here’s the full 2020 Chicago Bears draft class.
- 2nd Round, Pick 11, 43rd overall (From the Raiders): Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame
- 2nd Round, Pick 18, 50th overall: Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah
- 5th Round, Pick 155 overall (From Minnesota): Trevis Gipson, EDGE, Tulsa
- 5th Round, Pick 163 overall: Kindle Vildor, CB, Georgia Southern
- 5th Round, 173 overall (From Philadelphia): Darnell Mooney, WR, Tulane
- 7th Round, 226 overall (From the Raiders): Arlington Hambright, OL, Colorado
- 7th Round, 227 overall (From the Eagles): Lachavious Simmons, OL, Tennessee State Tigers
You can catch up on all our Bears/Draft coverage in this section right here.
Keep the conversation going in the comments below and on Twitter @gridironborn and @thedraftsmanfb.