The Chicago Bears 2020 schedule was revealed on Thursday, and the Windy City Gridiron staff has taken some time to kick around a few topics of discussion about it. Yesterday we gave our super early record predictions, and today it’s all about our favorite game on the schedule.
In case you need a reminder on the schedule, here you go:
- at Detroit Lions; Sunday, September 13 at 12:00 p.m. on FOX
- vs. New York Giants; Sunday, September 20 at 12:00 p.m. on CBS
- at Atlanta Falcons; Sunday, September 27 at 12:00 p.m. on FOX
- vs. Indianapolis Colts; Sunday, October 4 at 12:00 p.m. on CBS
- vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers; Thursday, October 8 at 7:20 p.m. on FOX/NFLN/Amazon
- at Carolina Panthers; Sunday, October 18 at 12:00 p.m. on FOX
- at Los Angeles Rams; Monday, October 26 at 7:15 p.m. on ESPN
- vs. New Orleans Saints; Sunday, November 1, at 3:25 p.m. on FOX
- at Tennessee Titans; Sunday, November 8 at 12:00 p.m. on FOX
- vs. Minnesota Vikings; Monday, November 16 at 7:15 p.m. on ESPN
- BYE WEEK
- at Green Bay Packers; Sunday, November 29 at 7:20 p.m. on NBC
- vs. Detroit Lions; Sunday, December 6 at 12:00 p.m. on FOX
- vs. Houston Texans; Sunday, December 13 at 12:00 p.m. on CBS
- at Minnesota Vikings; Sunday, December 20 at 12:00 p.m. on FOX
- at Jacksonville Jaguars; Sunday, December 27 at 12:00 p.m. on FOX
- vs. Green Bay Packers; Sunday, January 3 at 12:00 p.m. on FOX
Now on to our round table topic of the day!
My favorite game on the Bears 2020 schedule is...
“Week 17 vs Packers at Soldier Field. Come to maw-ma. Angry Aaron and J-Love will hopefully still have playoff ambitions available to be smothered by the relentless sacks by Quinn, Hicks, and Mack.” ~ Patti Curl
“When they beat the Packers twice.” ~ Bill Zimmerman
“Bears vs. Buccaneers on October 8. I don’t think Tampa Bay improved as much as many think they did. I love their early draft haul of Tristan Wirfs and Antoine Winfield Jr., but while Tom Brady is a definite upgrade at quarterback over Jameis Winston, he showed in 2019 that Father Time may finally be catching up to him, and given his rapid 2018 regression and spending a year out of football, I don’t expect Rob Gronkowski to live up to expectations. This could be a big win for the Bears if they start to build playoff hopes down the line.” ~ Jacob Infante
“At home against Tampa Bay in Week 5 feels like the first instance the Bears ever have a realistic shot to beat Tom Brady. The key word there: Shot. This is almost by default all things considered.” ~ Robert Zeglinski
“The Thursday Night game between the Bears and Bucs. It’ll be crazy if Trubisky — provided he wins the job — tosses another six touchdowns against the Brady-led Bucs at Soldier Field. I also expect this to be a good game.” ~ Eric Christopher Duerrwaechter
“The Bears at the Titans in early November. Given that the Bears look to be following the “Tennessee Titans’ Guide to Quarterback Success,” I’m definitely excited to see how that game, featuring a feisty Titans’ rushing attack versus a strong Bears’ front 7, plays out.” ~ Robert Schmitz
“The week 10 MNF home game against the Vikings. Division game, at home, and in prime-time is always fun.” ~ Sam Householder
“Minnesota at Chicago. Why? Because it’s always fun to watch the Vikings find new and interesting ways to self-destruct at soldier field. ” ~ Ken Mitchell
“Bears at Rams Week 7 Monday Night Football. Third year in a row with a prime-time Bears-Rams matchup, and it’s a rubber match.” ~ Jack Salo
EDITOR: For those of you that don’t know Jack Salo, he’s Ken’s back up for the Den. So if you haven’t said hi to him over there, be sure to give him a WCG welcome now!
“Week one on the road in Detroit will set the tone for the entire season. A win will get Club Dub fired up, but a loss to the Lions will have their insufferable fans spouting off like they did during that one short stretch when they had the Bears’ number.” ~ Lester A. Wiltfong Jr.
“The last one, on February 7, 2021. It’s going to be glorious when our Beloved Bears, wearing their Monster’s Of The Midway Throwbacks as the designated home team in Super Bowl LV!, takes down what ever sacrificial lamb the AFC sends to Tampa, Florida.” ~ Superfans
Now it’s your turn, what is your favorite game on the Bears 2020 schedule?