The Chicago Bears will try to get a win against the Detroit Lions on Sunday at Soldier Fields, and while the Lions may be winless, they’ve shown more life than the 1-2 Bears so far on the young season. The Detroit offense has been middle of the pack so far this year, but teams have been able to move the ball against them. On paper the hapless Bears’ O should be able to do a few things against Detroit’s defense (regardless of who’ll be QB1), and Chicago’s D should be able to give the Lions’ offense fits.
But games aren’t played on paper, they're played on the gridiron, and this one is lining up to be a close game.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Bears vs Lions week 4 matchup.
When is the game?
Sunday, October 3 at 12:00 p.m. CT
Where is the game?
Soldier Field, Chicago, Illinois
A high of 73F with some light rain possible, winds from the WSW at 5 to 10 mph. (link)
How to watch
The game will be on FOX with the always energetic Gus Johnson on play by play and Aqib Talib on color, and if you live in the turquoise of this 506sports.com map, then you’ll get the Bears!
WCG’s Bears vs Bengals Game Previews!
- Sam Householder has our Bears vs Lions preview right here.
- The WCG staff makes their NFL week 3 picks, including Bears vs Lions here.
- We gave our keys for the Bears to beat the Lions right here.
- Patti Curl asked Pride of Detroit 5 questions about the Lions here.
- And they asked Patti 5 questions about the Bears here.
- The final Bears vs Lions injury report can be found here.
If you aren’t subscribed to the Windy City Gridiron Podcast Channel you can hit our page at Megaphone with all the subscription options — We’re available everywhere — We’ll have recaps, previews, and so much more each week from our podcast team.
- You can catch Sunday Night Football games live on the Peacock network and you can find streaming options by clicking here.
- Paramount Plus has streaming packages that includes live sports including the NFL on CBS right here.
- If you want to get fuboTV with plenty of sports — including the NFL Network — and local network television just click right here.
- ESPN+ has ton of sports, including Monday Night Football and you can get that by hitting this link.
- You can watch the full-broadcast replays of all the games, check out condensed games, and even see the all-22 coaches film at NFL Game Pass. You can sign up for a 7-day trial right here.
How to listen
Traditional radio is found at WBBM 780 AM and 105.9 FM (Chicago) with Jeff Joniak on the play-by-play, former Bears guard Tom Thayer as the analyst, and Mark Grote as the sideline reporter, and also on TUDN 1200 AM and Latino Mix 93.5 FM with Omar Ramos on the play-by-play and Miguel Esparza as the analyst.
Bears vs Lions will be available on SiriusXM Channels 228 and 805. (link)
Get Tickets to the game
You can get tickets to this Bears game, but also pick some up for all the other games by checking out StubHub right here.
Click on our names to follow us on Twitter: Jeff Berckes; Patti Curl; Eric Christopher Duerrwaechter; Kev H; Sam Householder; Jacob Infante; Aaron Lemming; Ken Mitchell; Jack R Salo; Steven Schweickert; Jack Silverstein; EJ Snyder; Lester Wiltfong, Jr.; Will Robinson II; Robert Schmitz; T.J. Starman; Robert Zeglinski; Bill Zimmerman; Like WCG on Facebook.
Windy City Gridiron Podcast Channel which includes Bear With Me from Robert Schmitz, Bears Over Beers featuring Jeff Berckes & EJ Snyder (their BOB YouTube Channel can be found here), Bears Banter hosted by Bill Zimmerman, Rule of 3 with R. Schmitz, Danny Meehan, and Brandon Robinson, Bear & Balanced from Jeff and Lester A. Wiltfong Jr., and T Formation Conversation from Lester; EJ also co-hosts The Bootleg Football Podcast with Brett Kollmann; R. Schmitz has a film breakdown show on YouTube titled Run Pass Opinion; Will Robinson II has his WhiskeyRanger YouTube channel, and Steven’s Streaming Twitch Channel from Steven Schweickert.