For the second week in a row the Chicago Bears made it tough to keep things Bear & Balanced for us. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers jumped out to a 21-0 lead before the first quarter ended, and Bruce Ariens’ team coasted to a 38-3 victory. For as bad as the Bears looked in all three phases, we still managed to find a couple items to put on the positive side of the scale.
Here’s a bullet point outline of our Bear & Balanced, Bears vs Buccaneers post game show.
- Intro: Some of our general big picture thoughts on the game.
- Trench Tribute: We went in the same direction for our lineman of the game this week, substitute right tackle Alex Bars. (Spoiler Alert: I graded him out at a +37/-5 [88.1%])
- Sweet Tweets: We’re both active on social media — follow us at @gridironborn & @wiltfongjr — and we highlight one Twitter interaction/Tweet each week. Maybe we picked your Tweet this week?
- Caught up in a numbers game: This segment has us featuring one number/statistic that caught our eye.
- The 3 Bears: In this porridge-themed portion of the show we give our picks for the Bear that was hot, the Bear that was cold, and the Bear that was just right in the game against the Bucs. We went offense/defense in the hot category. In the cold category we both focused on the offensive side of the ball, with my guy grading out as +12/-9 [57.1%]. And our just right proved to be difficult this week, but Jeff went with a former All Pro and I went a special teamer.
- The Fields Report: We wrap the show up spending some time talking about Justin Fields.
Check out our podcast right here:
For those of you that prefer to consume your Bears content in video format, we recorded the podcast on Monday night, and you can check that show out right here on JB & EJ’s Bears Over Beers YouTube Channel.
h/t to Robert Schmitz for producing the show!