Here’s how the Bears list their report for Sunday’s game.
- Khalil Mack, OLB (Foot) - Out
- Tashaun Gipson Sr., S (Hip) - Questionable
- Akiem Hicks, DL (Groin) - Questionable
- Sam Kamara, OLB (Knee) - Questionable
- Jesper Horsted, TE (Knee) - Questionable
- Jakeem Grant Sr., WR (Ankle) - Questionable
First the good news that every questionable Bear, except for Gipson, was a full participant at today’s practice. Hicks missed last weeks game after aggravating his groin two weeks ago, but he appears to be in line to start on Sunday. If Gipson can’t go after being limited today, then look for DeAndre Houston-Carson to get the start again.
No Mack is bad news for the Bears, but it could be even worse if they do decide to put him on injured reserve. That is what was reported earlier this week, and if he heads to IR he would miss 3 games to rest up his body.
The Bears also have one player still on the Reserve/COVID-19 list, so unless he’s activated the Bears will be without tight end Jimmy Graham for a second consecutive game. Outside linebacker Robert Quinn and offensive lineman Elijah Wilkinson were activated from the list earlier today.
Expect the Bears to make several roster moves on Saturday, which will include a COVID call up for Graham, and could include Mack to IR, but could also include offensive tackle Larry Borom being activated. Borom is currently in his three week practice window after spending time on IR with an ankle sprain, but the Chicago Tribune’s Brad Biggs believes there’s a good chance he’s not only activated, but could be in line for some reps at right tackle.
Here’s the San Francisco 49ers injury list.
- Maurice Hurst, DL (calf) - Out
- Jaquiski Tartt, S (knee) -
OutMoved to IR
- Azeez Al-Shaair, LB (Concussion) -
- Dee Ford, DL (Concussion) -
- Trent Williams, LT (Ankle, Elbow) - Questionable
- Samson Ebukam, DL (ankle) - Questionable
Also defensive tackle Javon Kinlaw was placed on injured reserve today. Key ‘Niners also on IR include tight end George Kittle, running back Raheem Mostert, linebacker Dre Greenlaw, corner Jason Verrett, and kicker Robbie Gould.
Rookie QB Trey Lance, who has been out with a knee injury, is not listed on the injury report and will back up Jimmy Garoppolo.