The Chicago Bears beat the Detroit Lions on Sunday, 24 to 13, and they did it with an old school approach of playing good defense, running the ball, and a big strike passing game. This isn’t really a sustainable formula in 2021, but for a rookie quarterback making his second start, it was a thing of beauty.
Here’s a bullet point outline of their Bear & Balanced, Bears vs Browns breakdown.
- Intro: The fellas kick things off recapping the game, talking some Justin Fields, and Jeff shares his experience from staying at the same hotel as the Bears players and attending his first game at Soldier Field this season.
- Trench Tribute: This week Jeff and Lester pick 6 different players for their Bears linemen of the week.
- Sweet Tweets: The guys are active on social media (@gridironborn & @wiltfongjr) so they give their Twitter interaction/Tweet of the week in this segment. This week Lester goes bilingual, while Jeff wants to talk Matt Nagy, and producer @robertkschmitz also jumps in to give his fav Tweet this week!
- Caught up in a numbers game: Jeff and Lester share their number/statistic that caught their eye this week, and they both spotlight the Bears’ pass rush.
- The 3 Bears: You guys all know the story of the Three Bears, so Jeff and Lester give their picks for the Bears’ player that was hot, the Bear that was cold, and the Bear that was just right in the game against the Lions. This week’s picks were the offensive line, David Montgomery, Cole Kmet, Trevis Gipson, Damien Williams, and Nsimba Webster, but who ended up where?
Check out their show right here:
h/t to Robert Schmitz for producing the show!
For those of you that prefer to consume your Bears content in video format, Jeff and Lester were live on Monday night and you can check out their show right here and in the embed below. The video version gives some bonus pre and post show chatter!