The Chicago Bears dropped another game, but the offense showed a small spark led by rookie quarterback Justin Fields, who had several wow moments against the San Francisco 49ers. As much as we all want to see the Bears win, I think we can agree this season needs to be about the development from Fields and the other young players on the roster.
Jeff and I spend some time recapping Sunday’s game in our latest Bear & Balanced podcast, and as always we run though the show in our neat and tidy format.
Here’s a bullet point outline of our show.
- Intro: Some of our general big picture thoughts on the game.
- Trench Tribute: We both went with rookie right tackle Larry Borom as our Bears lineman of the week, and I had some time to grade his play and I had him down for an 85.7%.
- Sweet Tweets: We’re both active on social media — follow us at @gridironborn & @wiltfongjr — and we highlight one Twitter interaction/Tweet each week.
- Caught up in a numbers game: This segment has us featuring one number/statistic that caught our eye. This week’s numbers were .6 and 775, but what do they mean?
- The 3 Bears: In this porridge-themed portion of the show we give our picks for the Bear that was hot, the Bear that was cold, and the Bear that was just right in the game against the 49ers.
- The Fields Report: We wrap the show up spending some time talking about Justin Fields.
Check out our podcast right here:
For those of you that prefer to consume your Bears content in video format, we recorded the podcast on Monday night, and you can check that show out right here on JB & EJ’s Bears Over Beers YouTube Channel.
h/t to Robert Schmitz for producing the show!