It was a busy day of news and rumors yesterday for the Chicago Bears and we were on top of everything here at Windy City Gridiron. Thursday’s tracker had nearly 20 updates throughout the day, and we had over 10 articles publish too. Today should be another one chockful of news and rumors relating to the Bears and we’ll have it all at WCG.
Keep refreshing all day so you never miss a thing.
News and Rumor Tracker
Our Saturday Tracker is scheduled for 9:00 a.m. tomorrow morning and once it’s live this link will take you there.
- Akiem Hicks, who was given permission to seem out a trade, appears to be somewhere that has mountains in the background. Where could he be?
- Kenny Golladay to the Giants is heating up. (link)
- The Bears never officially released Kyle Fuller last night, so the 3:00 p.m. deadline today was moot. He’s still a Bear and they can still work on a trade until the paperwork to release him has been issued and processed by the league office. (link)
- The wide receiver market has been smaller than many thought it would be. The Pittsburgh Steelers just re-signed JuJu Smith-Schuster to a 1-year, $8M contract. (link)
- Per Jeremy Fowler of ESPN, the Bears are showing interest in wide receiver Isaiah McKenzie. (link)
- Brad Biggs reports the Bears have offered wide out Kenny Golladay a 1-year contract worth #11-$12M. (link)
- The Andy Dalton contract does have 2 void years tacked on to keep this year’s cap hit at $5.5M. (link)
- The Bears still haven’t abandoned hope that the Seattle Seahawks will trade Russell Wilson. (link)
- The Baltimore Ravens have interest in wide out Kelly Golladay. (link)
- An NFL Draft nugget! Bears QB coach John DeFilippo was at Stanford’s pro day on Thursday watching QB Davis Mills. (link)
- Brad Biggs was on the Score this morning and he said the Bears asked Kyle Fuller to cut his pay in half. he said the Bears have until 3:00 p.m. CT to trade Fuller before the release is official, that if a trade for Akiem Hicks can’t be found that he could be cut, and that Allen Robinson probably signed the franchise tag because the wide receiver market is so bad right now. (links)
- If you missed anything from Thursday you can run through a recap in yesterday’s tracker right here.
Brand New Bears
Andy Dalton, QB (details if you want them)
Angelo Blackson, DL (signed to a 2-year deal)
Desmond Trufant, CB (signed a 1-year deal)
Bears 2021 Free Agents
Allen Robinson, WR - Franchise tagged (A-Rob signed the tag)
Germain Ifedi, OL - Re-signed (details here)
Mario Edwards Jr., DL - Re-signed (link)
Cairo Santos, K - Re-signed (link)
Patrick O’Donnell, P - Re-signed (link)
Deon Bush, S - Re-signed (Our story here)
Patrick Scales, LS - Re-signed (The specialists all return)
Cordarrelle Patterson, WR
Dwayne Harris, WR
DeAndre Carter, WR
Demetrius Harris, TE
Jason Spriggs, T
Rashaad Coward, OL - It was reported the Bears were not bringing Coward back.
Daniel McCullers, DL
John Jenkins, NT
Sherrick McManis, DB
Tashaun Gipson, S
Artie Burns, CB
DeAndre Houston-Carson, S
Michael Joseph, CB
Barkevious Mingo, OLB
Eddy Pineiro, K
Roy Robertson-Harris, DL - Signing with the Jacksonville Jaguars. (our story here)
Mitchell Trubisky, QB - Signed a 1-year, $2.5M deal With the Buffalo Bills. (link)
Kyle Fuller, CB - He’ll be officially once the Bears either trade him or submit the papers to release him. (link)
Pace is making all the moves that you make when you are the new GM cleaning up the mess of the old except he is the same dude.— Kev (@Kev_WCG) March 19, 2021