- Per the NFL’s transaction wire, Allen Robinson has officially signed his franchise tag today. (link)
- The Jaguars adding QB C.J. Beathard increases the likelihood they trade Gardner Minshew. Several teams have been interested in trading for Minshew. (link)
- The Bears have signed running back Damien Williams. (link)
Tuesday, March 23
- The Philadelphia Eagles are giving Joe Flacco $3.5 million guaranteed, so they’re probably out of the running to trade for Nick Foles. (link)
- Brad Biggs reporting the Bears are close to re-signing safety DeAndre Houston-Carson. (link)
- Bears announced that they signed Christian Jones. (link)
- Chicago announced a 1-year del for Elijah Wilkinson.
- The Bears met with former Detroit Lions linebacker Christian Jones today. Yes, the same Jones that played in Chicago from 2014 to 2017. (link)
- Marcus Mariota, who the Bears were rumored to have some interest in, has re-worked his deal. It seems he’s doing it to stay with the Las Vegas Raiders, but it could also make it easier to trade. (link)
- The Bears are reported to be signing offensive lineman Elijah Wilkinson who played with the Denver Broncos the last four years. (link)
- The Buffalo Bills are re-signing wide out Isaiah McKenzie who the Bears had some interest in last week. (link)
- Barkevious Mingo is moving on to the Atlanta Falcons. (link)
Monday, March 22
- Kyle Fuller was “prepared” to be released by the Bears when he saw the salary cap was dropping, and that he “understood everything that was going on.” (link)
- The Russell Wilson trade rumor will never die. (link)
- The Eagles are meeting with QB Joe Flacco. I would imagine if they sign the vet QB that would take them out of the Foles business. (link)
Here’s a recap of some of the Chicago Bears news and rumors from last week.
Now that the Bears paid Nick Foles a $4 million roster bonus, he could be on the move via trade. The Denver Broncos and Philadelphia make the most sense.
Akiem Hicks, who was given permission to seek a trade, will remain with the Bears for the 2021 season.
The Bears had interest in free agent wide receiver Isaiah McKenzie, and they were linked as a team that could have interest in trading for Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Gardner Minshew.
Wide out Anthony Miller was being shopped.
And the most exciting one, the Russell Wilson trade rumor refuses to die.
Brand New Bears
QB, Andy Dalton (link)
DL, Angelo Blackson (link)
CB, Desmond Trufant (link)
OLB, Jeremiah Attaochu (link)
OL, Elijiah Wilkinson (link)
OLB, Christian Jones (link)
RB, Damien Williams (link)
Returning Bears 2021 Free Agents
Allen Robinson, WR - Franchise tagged (link)
Germain Ifedi, OL - Re-signed (link)
Mario Edwards Jr., DL - Re-signed (link)
Cairo Santos, K - Re-signed (link)
Patrick O’Donnell, P - Re-signed (link)
Deon Bush, S - Re-signed (link)
Patrick Scales, LS - Re-signed (link)
Pending Bears 2021 Free Agents
Rashaad Coward, OL - It was reported the Bears were not bringing Coward back.
Cordarrelle Patterson, WR
Dwayne Harris, WR
DeAndre Carter, WR
Demetrius Harris, TE
Jason Spriggs, T
Daniel McCullers, DL
John Jenkins, NT
Sherrick McManis, DB
Tashaun Gipson, S
Artie Burns, CB
DeAndre Houston-Carson, S
Michael Joseph, CB
Eddy Pineiro, K
Barkevious Mingo, OLB - Signed with the Atlanta Falcons. (link)